Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever recieved an F?
Yes 30 50.85%
No 29 49.15%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,391,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
For the first time in my life I am going to have to retake a class. I would be ok if I was young and at a public school but I do not have enough time left and it is $1300 class
now is the time to look back and find out why you failed the class. Sometimes the best learning one can do is through ones own failures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 10:13 AM

8,358 posts, read 25,167,751 times
Quote:
For the first time in my life I am going to have to retake a class. I would be ok if I was young and at a public school but I do not have enough time left and it is $1300 class
I thought that you were young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran_smith View Post
Many can fail a class because of the dont fully understand the content..It could be how the teacher presents it..I had an Edu Psy class this semester ant i was borning..i never recieved higher than a C on a test...
I have gotten a
D 1st test
C 2nd Test
D 3rd Test
Lucky I came out witha B..But how the teacher taught the class mad me not want to learn more about it.
-and it could just the teacher being a Hard Butt
How did you end up with a B? Was there a lab component that lent 60% to course grade?

Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,493,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
How do you fail a class?
8 classes is in one semester. All art courses and I am a web design major with no traditional art skill unless the work is done on computer. Class required a lot of projects. I was not able to keep up so I only turned in 5 out of 8.

Reason I didn't drop was because I turned some assignments in before drop/add and was getting decent grades(Cs). Turned in a few more on the final day of class and figured that coupled with 40% of my grade being an A that would at least let me walk out with a D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
Nitokenshi,
My advice is to not let it get to the point in the future when you get an F for the actual class, if you have a class where you are getting constant feedback. I am a professor and the first not great grade you get, go talk to the professor and ask to meet with them on a regular basis until your grade is up. If you think there is no way you can recover, than consider that at the deadline to get a W and consider dropping it for the time being. Now, this is a moot point if this was a class where your final is your whole grade, but if you have multiple grades then just remember to keep on top of it as much of you can.
You don't need to re-think this art institute idea, just think more about how you are preparing for class and make sure to keep on top of everything/try to meet with professors on a regular basis and give it a try again.
BTW, I teach at a school that is $3000/class minimum and I still have some people fail every semester, so don't feel bad. (They also never took the advice to come and work with me.....everyone who did, even if they failed a test, ended up passing the class!)
Good luck!!
Thanks for the pick me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I thought that you were young?
No, I am 21

Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,567,454 times
Got an F once ... it was a science experiment and I found out I had 2 dimwits on the team. Got and F, retook the course and got an A. Don't team w/ dimwits.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:51 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,033,752 times
21 is very young!
Hang in there...it stinks now, but you'll get through it and be okay in the long run. At least now you know what to expect next time. Best of luck to you.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,331,737 times
You might be glad you failed that class later.

I was "given" a C- or D, or whatever the lowest possible passing grade was for a History class, when I clearly deserved an F.

If I had received the F, I could have taken it over for a better grade.

Instead, I was stuck with the low grade, and instead of graduating Summa *** Laude, I only graduated Magna *** Laude. Not a big deal, but when it's the lowest grade you have, it kind of sucks.....

Old 12-24-2008, 01:56 AM

7,641 posts, read 18,061,646 times
I've gotten an F once - in my 10th Grade biology class, 3rd Q of '02-'03. It was trying to turn in an assignment packet late that decided the grade. I didn't fail the (required) course, however, thank God - I actually got an A- (probably one of the highest scores) on the final!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:11 AM

256 posts, read 886,211 times
IT wasnt just base on test...We had homework and case studys which I did ge A's on..and bonus...they teacher wasnt good at all.. She didnt speak English very well, and it made it hard to understand her..and he test very hard to understand and many of us told her

Old 12-24-2008, 09:13 AM

8,358 posts, read 25,167,751 times
Quote:

No, I am 21
Trust me dear, that is young.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:46 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,219,296 times
yea, 21 is young!
That being said 8 CLASSES!!! I think that may be your answer too! I would definitely cut down the number of classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities