Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 05:42 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post
I really dont know.

I guess theres an assignment I'm missing?? The teacher was out for half the quarter but I remember handing in every assignment.
As my kids have found out, assignments turned in aren't really turned in until the teacher acknowledges them. They had one teacher who would mark an assignment not turned in and then find it about a month later.

If you were serious in improving your grades, you would have taken care of it earlier. Many teachers either post a missing assignment list online or in class. If yours doesn't, you need to ask.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 AM

356 posts, read 808,463 times
The problem is the class is over.

It was only a semester long course.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:28 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,712,491 times
Quote:
The problem is the class is over.

It was only a semester long course.
So? Unless the teacher has retired or left you can still talk to him/her about it. It's late, but you can at least find out what went wrong

Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 AM

I will try and talk to her on Monday.

Like I said, she was out for about 2 1/2 months and the substitute kind of went of course. Then after she came back she went out for another 3 weeks or so. It was a confusing class. I didnt really learn anything about Journalism i didnt really already know.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I will try and talk to her on Monday.

Like I said, she was out for about 2 1/2 months and the substitute kind of went of course. Then after she came back she went out for another 3 weeks or so. It was a confusing class. I didnt really learn anything about Journalism i didnt really already know.
It could all just be an error with the confusion of her being out and the sub. If so, they should be able to fix it (or put a note on your record or something). At least, I'd fight like hell to remedy it.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
It could all just be an error with the confusion of her being out and the sub. If so, they should be able to fix it (or put a note on your record or something). At least, I'd fight like hell to remedy it.
I agree, in fact that would be ME, with my child talking with the teacher. I'm surprised your parents didn't give you the third degree on this.

Our schools have on-line grade reporting so I can see my son's current grades every time I log on.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I agree, in fact that would be ME, with my child talking with the teacher. I'm surprised your parents didn't give you the third degree on this.

Our schools have on-line grade reporting so I can see my son's current grades every time I log on.
Yeah, I had a teacher flippantly accuse me of plagiarism and another refuse to let me take the AP Calculus test (because she hadn't covered enough material). My mother was on the warpath, if not directly. There wasn't a day I came home where she didn't ask me if I talked to the teacher, what she said, what I said, etc.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:31 PM

Thats how my school SHOULD do it.

I'm always so confused to how I'm REALLY doing. I always THINK i'm doing well but then I find out I'm not doing as well as I had hoped.

If I knew how I was doing every day instead of only at progress reports and report cards I bet I could be doing a lot better.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:35 PM

573 posts, read 1,689,426 times
Quote:
Community Colleges are for kids with NO future.

I've been told I'm a GIFTED writer.

That is why I cannot go to Community College.
Wow, what a "gift" you have.

I went to CC because I couldn't afford university prices. I became a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and graduated with a 4.0. I am now attending a university for my last two years, and I still have a 4.0. I work three jobs to keep up, own my own home, have no debt, and enjoy my job. I sure am enjoying my non-future.

Get over yourself.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM

yeah yeah calm down i was pissed when I said that...when I get pissed I loose my mind (up in here, up in here).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities