Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:19 PM

7 posts, read 38,307 times

Advertisements

I graduated in 1999 3.76 GPA and 2010 3.74 GPA and the school is a joke in any industry. A degree in criminal justice from ITT won't even get you in the police academy but if you graduate with honors they may let you wash the squad cars for minimum wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 03:28 AM

1 posts, read 6,524 times
iam planning to go to itt but iam still debating whether or not to go. however you say that you were a former instructor at itt, what was your job title their and how does itt operate can you give me some basic idea for i can know what iam getting myself into.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
Don't waste your money. Go to your local CC, and get your degree from there. Not only will it cost a lot less, but it will be worth the paper it's printed on.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrusquieta View Post
iam planning to go to itt but iam still debating whether or not to go. however you say that you were a former instructor at itt, what was your job title their and how does itt operate can you give me some basic idea for i can know what iam getting myself into.
Why? Why would you go there? For the same cost or lower you could get into a much more valuable program at a state university. For much less, you could get your first 2 years at a cc done, then transfer up to a university, and still come out ahead financially. Either way, you'd have a fully accredited education that will be more widely accepted.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 6,162 times
I fell for their scam as well. I graduated from ITT Tech in 2008 with an associates degree in CDD (Computer Drafting & Design). There were little to no jobs when I got out. The only jobs I was able to get that related to my degree only paid about 12 bucks an hour. Their career placement is a joke! They tell you that they will help you get a decent job, yet most of the positions they find for you to apply to are just jobs they looked up on craigslist (and anyone can do that themselves). Most other students that I went there with are still struggling years after going there. I have met several ITT grads in their late twenties, still living with their parents, struggling to pay bills and screwed with student loans they cant afford (with a degree worth nothing). I am not kidding. Don't make the mistake of going there! You will be lucky to not be financially screwed with student loans and no job when you get out. Don't fall for their scam. In my opinion, based on my experience, ITT is a money hungry immoral business that ruins peoples dreams and lives. You are just a number to them, don't do it.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:15 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm interested in ITT tech. Does anybody that attends this school actually do good?
Back on topic please.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:47 PM

37 posts, read 195,719 times
There are people with all kinds of fancy degrees living in their parents' basements. Or making $12/hour. But getting a degree does offer lots of different things that are hard to measure. Just having a completed degree on your resume shows that you can complete something difficult. It means you have some qualifications in your chosen area of study. Granted, you may also need to get some work experience to match those intellectual qualifications but don't let anybody tell you that what you learn in college is worthless, whether a tech school or a big university or a small private college.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 12,096 times
I am a student at ITT right now and I have to ask, how in the hell did you pass your classes if you never did a stitch of homework? Seriously, that is a big fat lie. I am in my second year and I will attest to the fact that if you don't complete your homework, you will fail. I will attest to the fact that if you do your homework and it is not done completely or it is done incorrect, you will get graded down. I consider myself to be a dedicated student and I have seen my grades go up and own depending on my performance on assignments, quizzes and discussion.

While I agree that I can clearly see there are some "educationally challenged" students enrolled in my same courses, I find that I am getting a great education because I care about what I am learning. I work full time so sitting in a classroom is not an option for me. I spend several hours in the evening and on the weekends researching, studying and completing assignments. I am pursuing a degree as a paralegal and I certainly feel that when I complete my degree, I will be qualified to work in my field. Now, if you think a degree will guarantee you a job, perhaps you slept through career planning 101. You have to master the interview, not just look good on a piece of paper (i.e. resume)

Sounds like the problem is with you..not your experience with ITT. You just play the blame game

Old 06-12-2010, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 12,096 times
Wink ITT is an Excellent Choice

I am a current student at ITT and the reviews on this board are absolutely out of line.

What I read here are reviews of either under-achievers or people who thought that a degree automatically secured them a position in the corporate world. Obtaining a career takes a lot more than just a diploma, it takes knowledge and skill.

After one year at ITT, I feel I could walk into a law firm and land a job. By the time I graduate, I feel I will have the skills, knowledge and training to work in the field of law. I guarantee my ability to interview well will secure the job for me.

Remorse is painful. Student loans are a nuisance. Don't bash the school just because you did yourself wrong.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:51 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
No ! There is nothing that you can not learn more honestly and less expensively from your local community college.

There schools are rackets! They are run for profit. That should tell you all you need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities