Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 AM

4 posts, read 5,694 times

Advertisements

K im in ohio on a full scholarship for football, but im from florida. Now i hate the college up here and im a freshmen so i want to transfer back down to florida and go to a school down their. Now i owe school 6,000 which im trying to do a loan for, So i can send my transcript to the school...Now if i cant get this loan i was going to just go to a community college now would i be able to go to the community college still oweing this school up here the money??? I know i will have the 6,000 agisnt me but i plan on paying the money while im goin to community college..like i dont know what to do can someone help me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 10:28 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
It would depend on the school policy. Some might be OK with it, some may not. Get in touch with the school that you are interested in and ask.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:30 AM

523 posts, read 1,680,370 times
My first thought when reading your post is to say "take a deep breath", to calm down. Okay, now... How long have you been in Ohio - two months? If so, in my opinion, that's not a very long time within which to make such a dramatic decision. Do not run back home, throwing away a full scholarship and taking on debt.

I'm sure others will chime in here for you. But if you've been at your school a short time, I would say you need to stay at least for a year.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 AM

Its basically a open door community college, i was going to go a semester their and then transfer to a university and send the transcript from the community college to the unversity cause i want to play ball down their. I wont be able to send the transcript from up here to the unveristy down their because i owe 6,000 so i will just go to community college for semister and then transfer does that sound good or not???

Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM

ive been in ohio for 4 months and hate it with passion no way im going to stay up here so when i come home in december im staying their, i got a scholarship to any school in florida that pays half and then im walking on and i know i can make team so im not worried bout the debt. Just need to get out this place lol

Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
??

Since you say you are in OH on a full scholarship.... how do you rack up six grand of debt in less than one semester?

Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 AM

im ineligable my 1st semister due to high school grades and so i dont get football money my 1st semister thats why

Old 11-17-2009, 03:36 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
Stay where you are. It's only four years. After that, you will have many more opportunities b/c you went to a four-year college rather than a community college. It's called "deferred gratification." If you transfer, it would be like giving up a five-star steak dinner next week to eat McDonald's right now. Not to mention that, if you transfer, you are going to be that much farther away from graduating.
It's always hard to be away from home; everything is so different (especially when you go from South to North and vice-versa). But this is all part of growing up. Stick with it and learn how to be happy in a different place (unless you don't mind limiting yourself and/or plan on living in Florida for the rest of your life b/c you are unable to live/adapt anywhere else). You can always move back to FL. after graduation.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:30 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times
For the record, your new school in Florida is going to require ALL academic transcripts (including your semester in Ohio) even after a semester at a community college. That problem will not go away until you have the bill settled in Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities