U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:05 AM

12,455 posts, read 27,063,999 times

Advertisements

Hate standardized tests? This link shows test optional Colleges.
Optional List | FairTest

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 12:49 PM

Even College students need homework help, but please do not ask questions on this forum. These links should help:

Math
Pauls Online Math Notes

http://www.khanacademy.org/
This has Math up to your upper calculus.
Science such as Chemistry, Physics and biology.
Some History
and many more. (Thanks to BRWright for the khan academy suggestion)

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-25-2011 at 02:51 PM..

Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM

Another interesting site with college information: Free College Scholarship Search, College Search, & Career Exploration - College Toolkit If you are interested in attending a public University out of state, this site has information on how many out of state students attend each one.

How many students are from out of state at the Public Universities? http://www.insidecollege.com/reno/Pe...es/360/list.do

Realtors, See This.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 03-02-2012 at 07:29 AM..

Old 03-12-2012, 03:22 AM

17,566 posts, read 21,741,355 times
Cappex. Online Site that has been valuable to many. They connect students with colleges searching for students such as themselves, suggest colleges you might not have thought about, and even tell you your chances of admission!

A book I like "Cool Colleges" - no it's not only for hippie artists, it also lists TUITION FREE COLLEGES such as Olin College of Engineering and The Webb Institute as well as other niche colleges from Simon's Rock and Evergreen State, to co=op colleges and the Military Academies.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 PM

37 posts, read 121,039 times
I enjoy going on College Prowler. They have profiles of all the colleges and give a virtual tour of the college. I also like how current students rate the college at the bottom of the page. I wish I would have found this page before commiting to my college. I didnt know safety was a big issue and drug use was heavy also. I am a high school senior and I will be attending the University of New Mexico. I stongly erge you to research your college before you commit to it. On this site you will be able to read actual reviews by current students.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 AM

16,416 posts, read 25,194,987 times
chegg.com is great for homework help, it costs money but its well worth it in my opinion.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:52 AM

Another cool college search site - Unigo College Reviews, Student Reviews, College Ratings, University Reviews by College Students, College Search| Unigo This one features reviews and offers college counselors advice.

Realtors, See This.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM

907 posts, read 1,311,784 times
Do you have recommendations for college essays, as in having someone read them, other than College Confidential

Other websites are

Zinch- Scholarships College Admissions - College Search
StudentReviews.com- For real reviews of schools (not just what's in the brochure, I find these more helpful)

College Reviews: StudentsReview : Over 118100 College Reviews ™! (3,359 schools reviewed)

Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM

589 posts, read 720,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerkim View Post
I enjoy going on College Prowler. They have profiles of all the colleges and give a virtual tour of the college. I also like how current students rate the college at the bottom of the page. I wish I would have found this page before commiting to my college. I didnt know safety was a big issue and drug use was heavy also. I am a high school senior and I will be attending the University of New Mexico. I stongly erge you to research your college before you commit to it. On this site you will be able to read actual reviews by current students.

I second the motion for College Prowler.

I'm a parent with two 11th grade children, going through the college search process for the first time.

This sight offers real life reviews from real life students, great search functionality, info on dozens of available scholarships, tons of rankings, and neat scattergraphs of your childs chances of getting into any school.

Check it out. Definitiely worth a look.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,898,295 times
Be wary of the StudentsReview website, a lot of the reviews, especially at top colleges, are probably fake. For example there are several comments in the vein of "Go Duke" on UNC's page, and the review pages for any Ivy League-level schools are beyond hope. It is harder to write a review on CollegeProwler and they seem to have better moderation obviously fake comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities