Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravitbennier View Post
I’m a new student beginning a n undergraduate degree, and I don’t have enough federal loans money to cover my tuition. I even received a scholarship from my school based on my potential presented to school before hand.
Now that banks cannot lend private student loan money anymore, how am I supposed to pay the rest of my tuition money? not to talk about living expenses?
Can anybody help me with answers?
I feel lost.
Let's get back to the OP and try to help him out with suggestions. Don't have any suggestions? Maybe you want to reply to another post.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM

425 posts, read 1,954,772 times
One thing you can consider is a work study program at the school, but you'll need to see what the requirements are. However, I have friends who participate in our school's work study program and their schedules are flexible and work around their school schedule. It might be worth looking into for some extra money in your pocket to put towards school (I don't think you get anything off of tuition for it, though, but I don't know).

I don't know what state you live in, whether you are going to a public or private university, and/or the programs available by your state, but see if they have a fee waiver program. If they do, find out information on it and see if you qualify.

As for private student loans, try looking into credit unions, although, you will probably have to be a member (becoming a member of a credit union depends on the credit union itself, the school you are going to may have one). I have found credit unions to have competitive interest rates and they might overlook your credit. Ultimately, you'll want to go with the bank that has the best interest rates and if you have to have your fiance co-sign, then so be it.

If worse comes to worse, talk with your school's financial aid office, which I would implore you to do anyway. Good luck!

Old 04-06-2010, 09:01 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
I had a part time job all through college. It helped me not only with the tuition but with skills for that first career defining job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities