U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,005 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have been looking at this board for a week or so, and checking other sites re Woodland Park. Can't seem to find any apartment complexes in the area. Not a house kinda guy, rather have an apartment.

Other topic--how is life in Manitou Springs? My impression is that it is relatively a hippie town (yes or no?), lower-rent area. I'm a relatively conservative guy but get along with a fairly wide spectrum. How do you who live there like it, and why?

Thanks for your input!

Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 08:39 PM

214 posts, read 1,173,979 times
There were very few "apartments" in Woodland Park 25yrs ago. I think today it's probably less....the more common form is "cabin" and they range from very nice to well, not so nice still today I'm sure. I recall renting one of the mid level ones no longer there for about $400 back in the '80s. If you're moving there from a big city you may wish to pay a visit first.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:30 AM

59 posts, read 305,303 times
We went to Manitou Springs on Friday night. My husband surprised me after he got home from work with a "We are going out to dinner somewhere" He always does that. I love surprises. I'm like a kid. We went to a restaurant called "The Stagecoach Inn". Its a very laid back family place. My daughter had the new york steak which was good and my husband and myself had the bison steak. I hated it and he loved it. This was my first time eating a bison steak and it tasted a bit funny to me.

Yes, It did seem like a bit of a hippy town. Its got great shops and galleries of local artists and Native American art. I did see a lady all dressed like a earth mama and a few men who looked like the 60's Pretty cool. The shop owners / workers were all nice and friendly despite the late hour we strolled in. The town is full of funky shops and restaurants. We will go back!

I would think the snow may be worse there? It seems higher up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom63050 View Post
Hi all,

I have been looking at this board for a week or so, and checking other sites re Woodland Park. Can't seem to find any apartment complexes in the area. Not a house kinda guy, rather have an apartment.

Other topic--how is life in Manitou Springs? My impression is that it is relatively a hippie town (yes or no?), lower-rent area. I'm a relatively conservative guy but get along with a fairly wide spectrum. How do you who live there like it, and why?

Thanks for your input!

Tom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs