Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,971 times

Advertisements

I have been living in Prescott Arizona for the last 6 years (in Sedona for 13 years before "The Divorce"!) I am looking to get out of Arizona, as like many folks in the country I have been laid off for quite a while (I was in the construction management field)...... I thought of Colorado Springs, but coming from a smallish town I am not sure about how comforatable and safe I would feel there??..... I was looking at smaller communities such as monument (their schools rated a 10 of 10 on school ratings.com) I need to find a job, which are non exsistent here (I have even applied at pizza hut!)
I have a bachelors degree in Interior Architectural Design (my ex called it an advanced coloring degree!) and my kids are really driven to do well in school, so I want to find great schools for them. At this point, I have no ego about what kind of work I get, I just need a safe and happy place for my kids and myself to get a fresh start!
Help!!!! I need some direction....I know I like Colorado, and I have no desire to move down to Phoenix.....I have relatives in California, but being "poor" that is out of the question!
Thanks for a friendly reply!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 AM

7 posts, read 17,389 times
I know that District 38 and District 20 are very good school districts in the area. I can't tell you much about the job thing because it took my husband (a disabled vet) 7 months to find something decent. We are in the process of trying to buy a house and Monument and Black Forest have been our main focus..compared to other areas I think both those areas are expensive to live in. But I also think it really depends on what youre looking for. PPAR.COM is a great website to find housing and also lets you search by school district to buy and or rent. Good luck with the transition and I hope you find what youre looking for out here!

~Skye

Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,422 times
Maybe you could try to get on at Home Depot and then get into the design departments (like the kitchen department). It's worth a try anyway! With your degree, I bet they would be happy to have you!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,971 times
Thanks for the help!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs