U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 PM

17 posts, read 25,178 times

Advertisements

Well that just sounds painful, Mike. My job would be in Cherry Creek off of I25 and his most likely at Schriever AFB. Makes me want to stay put because it's all just too complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 03:56 PM

17,396 posts, read 24,751,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSean View Post
Well that just sounds painful, Mike. My job would be in Cherry Creek off of I25 and his most likely at Schriever AFB. Makes me want to stay put because it's all just too complicated.
You could live in Castle Rock and split the difference, then you'd both have commutes, the one to Schreiver being way worse.

You could make home in the Denver area and let him live in an apartment in COLO SPGS during the week. You'd save so much in gas money it'd almost pay for the apartment or house sharing in COLO SPGS. Not purty, but beats being unemployed during this sucko recessionary period.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 AM

624 posts, read 1,313,336 times
You mean Buckley AFB. Schriever's down here in COS.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:23 AM

17 posts, read 25,178 times
No, I mean Schriever. That's the issue. One of us would work in the tech center in Denver and the other would be at Schriever.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM

624 posts, read 1,313,336 times
Oh, I see....my mistake.

Perhaps living in Castle Rock would be a happy medium for the 2 of you.
It's kinda' the half way point between Denver and COS, but I've heard it's a bit expensive in terms of property.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:10 AM

506 posts, read 941,602 times
Quote:
From what I remember, you can't live in CS and commute to Denver or vice versa. Any thoughts on this??
I live in the Northern part of the Springs, and commute to the Denver Federal Center. Takes me about an hour and twenty minutes each way. Fortunately, I only need to make the trek twice a week, and have the flexibility to blow it off if the weather is bad.

There are several van pools to and from Denver, and Frex (the bus service) is still running, although on pretty tenuous funding.

Regardless, there are a LOT of people in the Springs who commute to Denver on a regular basis.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:05 PM

24 posts, read 45,678 times
Castle Rock could be a possible place to live. It's a great city. Easy commute to Denver! Don't know about the commute to Shreiver.

Best of luck to you!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 PM

259 posts, read 303,884 times
Quote:
No, I mean Schriever. That's the issue. One of us would work in the tech center in Denver and the other would be at Schriever.

Do BOTH of you have to work? You could move to either CS or Denver and then either one of you could search for a job.

Which job would pay more?

I'm a native Houstonian, I know Houston all to well. If you like Houston then stay there, if you don't Colorado is a good place to live.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM

16 posts, read 19,630 times
Also a native Houstonian.

The Houston MSA population is more than the ENTIRE STATE of Colorado. That's a big change. You're never going to have the amenities you have there in Colorado. Not even in Denver, there's just no comparison.

With that said, Colorado Springs has allot of cool stuff and a decent nightlife downtown as well as some good food if you know where to go (but forget about Mexican food and the Seafood, both are pretty much non-existent), so it is certainly a great place to live, and the views are awesome.

Would have to agree that Castle Rock is likely your best bet. I hear some folks do the COS to Denver commute daily, but that's just insane IMO, especially during the Winter months. That's like driving from Galveston to Magnolia every day, but without the Beltway.

I had to do that commute for a a few weeks and wanted to rip my hair out after two days. I dunno how anyone does that on a daily basis.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,397,505 times
Quote:
You should just living out in Cherry Creek. It's a great area to be at and from what I hear, it is safe.

Oh yea, we left CS in 1996, are you following me . I lived there all my life as a youth.
I know a little about CL in the Houston area and you get much more house for the $$$. I say if your income is 10%-20% increase moving to CS, go for it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs