U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:41 AM

59 posts, read 305,545 times

Advertisements

OH Gosh....You poor thing. I know what its like out there now (working in a office in a city). I was a homemaker for years (like 25) and went to work for the first time in 25 years, a few years ago. Crazy...I did admin work in alot of different offices in San Francisco etc. I found that what you said to be true at times but not often, even in the most liberal city in America The men I worked for were awful at times and some were ok. One was sad when i showed up and told me because "I thought you were going to have a British Accent" and the other ones were just rude and demanding. But....I was in a very low level admin position.

The difference is that the women were all nice and wonderful to me. All of them!! They were helpful and kind. I had one lady manager and she was the best. The job was only for three months so when it ended I was sad and I did not have the experience to apply for a position. They were a typical big silicon valley company (like ebay). She was in charge of a whole team and most of them were men as well and she was just great. I sat near her and could hear her talk to them all day. Gosh...I miss that job a times.

Now Im back homemaker and happy as heck.

You know. I have lived in San Francisco area and the bible belt of California (central valley) and London area and now here. I tell you all that people are people for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_otter View Post
Or, maybe its where I live. I live in Denver suburbs.

One way that it reminds me of the late 70's and early 80's stages of feminism, is the seemingly widespread belief that women should act like men if they want to be successful in careers or life in general. In the corporate and small-business environment here, there seems an unspoken belief that the traditionally male way of doing things is superior. And female employees should all change to fit that enviroment. That we should be grateful for being allowed to work in *their* world. But I may be overgeneralizing from just a few of my own experiences, and from the people I've met.

When I first moved to Colorado in 2000, I looked at Amazon.com's list of bestsellers in the Denver area. One of the top 5 was a book on how to manipulate a man into marrying you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 01:57 PM

4 posts, read 12,480 times
Default Are you driving?

Did you already calculate the cost of moving?

Old 07-09-2007, 04:32 PM

44 posts, read 295,548 times
Default Moving Costs

We have a rough estimate for moving costs. $2500-3000. That includes the rental truck, gas, hotel, any packing materials and help (if needed).

We plan on renting for the first year to see where we want to buy. Any suggestions on what apartments are desirable? We would like to be close enough to downtown to walk around, but also in a safe neighborhood. I know that in a lot of places, the downtown is where the majority of the crime takes place. Is CS similar? If so, is there a better side of downtown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs