U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:07 AM

2,855 posts, read 4,115,585 times
If anyone know of any $12-15/hr jobs in the Springs for someone with lots of administrative experiece, let me know. The MIL might be moving here from Michigan and is looking for a good place to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 11:50 AM

69 posts, read 122,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbone44 View Post
sabrina and/or all, i have also thought of that same idea of getting a cell phone with a 719 area code and p.o. box, but, how does one go about getting a cell phone number with a 719 area code if they live in another state??
any info appreciated from anyone
It'd probably be easier to just get a free 719 number from Google Voice (google.com/voice), you can set that up to forward calls to any phone number(s) you'd like.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 PM

17 posts, read 22,334 times
RE: Getting a 719 number. I just bought a second Tracfone and when setting up your number all you do is put in a COS zip code and you will be assigned a 719 number. For right now I use this on my resumes. I don't have a landline, so my first Tracfone is for my Az number and one used for personal reasons unrelated to job hunting. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 AM

2,855 posts, read 4,115,585 times
WM,

Saw this on the Gazette and thought of you:

California chruch marketing firm moving headquarters to Colorado Springs | california, marketing, springs - Business - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Quote:
Outreach will hire sales, customer service, graphic and Web design, press operations, warehouse, marketing, accounting and other support employees locally, Evans said. The company’s average wage will be about 20 percent higher than El Paso County’s average wage of $42,172, he said. To apply for openings at the company, go to the company’s website at www.outreach.com/employment.aspx

Read more: California chruch marketing firm moving headquarters to Colorado Springs | california, marketing, springs - Business - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO
Looks like they are accepting applications for Colorado Springs on their web site.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 PM

53 posts, read 55,207 times
PM, Thank you so much for thinking of me, that sounds like a job right for me. I am actually now in Colorado Springs Got here on Friday the 7th!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 AM

11 posts, read 15,113 times
Default finally got the number

I followd the advice of a couple of you posters and did get a google ph. number for colorado. Although when dialed [the col number] it gives a voice ad that it is a google number. That may not be good. It may raise a red flag to an employer. Maybe there is a way to get rid of that, but i haven't researched it yet. If anyone knows how toget rid of that voice ad, feel free to post.
thanks
redbone

Old 01-11-2011, 06:59 AM

5,457 posts, read 13,437,847 times
Best bet is to get a prepaid cellphone through Verizon Wireless or someone like that-- you can reactivate old cell phones, and you can choose a rate where you only pay the days you use it. When you call customer service or go into a store to activate it, just tell them you're moving to Colorado Springs, CO (they'll ask you for a zip code where you'll be using the phone-- just pick any one within the city) and you need a local phone number. You still keep your actual billing address on file with their system, but no one will ever know it. But truthfully, you're wasting your time worrying about the cell phone number-- having a real, local address (NOT a PO Box) is much more important. Even with a local address and phone number, you'll still have the cards stacked up against you by not having any local education/employment history listed on your resume.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 AM

I got a job the other day with a cool company! I am working as a independent contractor and living out of a hotel right now, but hey I am here lol. Thanks for everyones help and input

Vegaspilgram has a point, just remember nothing is impossible just a little more challanging. Bring talent, faith and determination and the rest works itself out.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:54 AM

658 posts, read 555,520 times
Welcome to town. Congrats on finding a job right away. There's a wealth of information on this site on finding the right neighborhood to settle in. Let us know what you're looking for...

Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the welcome Carrera32! The next thing I am looking for is a single family home around Briargate or Rockrimmon if you know of anything please let me know. Those are the two areas I heard have decent schools and parks but if there are other areas I am missing please let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs