U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:36 PM

37 posts, read 79,189 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a genuine vintage model (note: not a vintage-repro please!) cruiser style bike for a woman. All the bike shops i know around these parts only sell new bikes and the all the local pawn shops i have been to primarily only sell mountain & a few 10 speed bikes-neither style I am seeking. Thus, i could really use some advice on where (if there even is a place) in COS that sells older bicycles. Would prefer not having to drive all the way to Denver or Boulder! if you know of a place, please let me know, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 04:23 PM

727 posts, read 1,134,823 times
check out Old Town Bicycles on Tejon in Downtown CS. They have several genuine vintage bikes on display, but not for sale, hanging from the ceiling. They're on loan from an individual who collects them and apparently has too many to store. The bike store folks weren't sure if he sells any of his bikes, but they indicated if you're interested, they could put you in touch with him.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:52 AM

454 posts, read 1,063,809 times
There was a shop downtown by the old Carmichael training center that only sold and worked on old bikes but he closed up. Now there is another place that sells used and new bikes plus they do repairs to. Here is their info:
Bicycle Experience

1601 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80905 [SIZE=4][/SIZE] Map (719) 473-1015

Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM

10 posts, read 14,319 times
Take a look at Bicycle Experience. Little shop on S Tejon, south of I-25. Only one in town that sells used bikes, I believe.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,193 times
I own a vintage bike that I'm thinking about selling as I'm moving overseas. It's an original early 1960's women's Huffy El Dorado (turqouise/teal colored). It's in great condition and has been kept indoors. It's very cool/retro looking. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I can send you some photos. I live in Colorado Springs. Let me know!

Old 08-20-2012, 04:46 AM

3 posts, read 4,703 times
Hi -- we're flying to Colorado Springs this week to bring my daughter to start her freshman year at Colorado College, will be looking for a used bike. Is this still open/still the place to go? Thank you!

Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Now there is another place that sells used and new bikes plus they do repairs to. Here is their info:
Bicycle Experience

1601 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80905 (719) 473-1015

Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM

924 posts, read 1,030,423 times
ebay is a good place to look:

vintage womans bicycle | eBay

Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM

5,003 posts, read 6,678,903 times
For a freshman in college I wouldn't look for a vintage bike, I'd just get a bike at Walmart or something - same price or less, and less likely to be stolen, and perhaps more functional, depending on what the daughter is looking for. If you truly want "used" (not vintage) you're probably not looking for a dealer but rather someone selling theirs - for that you might check Craig's List, classified ads, etc. Although a 'used' bike dealer is an interesting concept with possible potential, I don't think anything like that exists around here.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 AM

3 posts, read 4,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
For a freshman in college I wouldn't look for a vintage bike, I'd just get a bike at Walmart or something - same price or less, and less likely to be stolen, and perhaps more functional, depending on what the daughter is looking for. If you truly want "used" (not vintage) you're probably not looking for a dealer but rather someone selling theirs - for that you might check Craig's List, classified ads, etc. Although a 'used' bike dealer is an interesting concept with possible potential, I don't think anything like that exists around here.
Thanks, otowi! Yeah, we aren't looking for vintage -- just a used road or town bike for her to use around campus and downtown and on the bike trails.

There used to be a used bike store in Colorado Springs:

'Thrifty bike shop' focuses on quality used bicycles | year, stores, julie - Pikes Peak Shopping - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

But it doesn't look like they're in business any more, unless someone knows different?

Hmmm...it looks like I don't know how to post a link on this forum, sorry! Tried to edit but I think I need to go read a few FAQs, LOL!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 AM

727 posts, read 1,134,823 times
Every pawn shop I've seen in town has used bikes for sale. If all you're looking for is basic transportation around town, give one of them a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs