U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-20-2010, 07:30 AM

8 posts, read 11,784 times
Default Need spa reference for wife

My wife is working hard trying to home school two kids in different grades.

I'd like to send her to a spa for whatever, but she has not gone to any (ever) and I don't want to send her to a cheesy one.

I can't afford the most expensive, but don't want the cheapest either.

Any help?

We live in the NE Black Forest area. I know there most likely are none in that area, but just saying that South Co Spgs would be quite the drive.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, and if you have suggested therapies - those will be considered too!

Massage only places are fine as well.

Last edited by Rediranch; 12-20-2010 at 08:10 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 06:27 AM

435 posts, read 741,329 times
All I can say is don't send her to the Russian Day spa in the Springs! It is super expensive and we felt like we got ripped off for the price.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:20 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,492,253 times
A friend just told me the "high maintenance" spa near Indigo (indigo joe's) on Barnes and tutt is good and reasonably priced.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:52 AM

1,931 posts, read 4,344,785 times
Gold Star, Brownie Points, Kuddos, Thumbs Up...

Maybe some other women can chime in here, but if you can't find a place, I would get a card and print the front page of the website or get a brochure for a spa you think she might enjoy. This way, just in case she has had her eye on one or hears about a place from GF that she wants to try and you don't about it, she can then choose.
This allows you to say, "here Babe, go and enjoy and you can choose where. This place is just a suggestion but I want it completely wonderful for you so if you want, you can choose where." This opens the door for what to do next. Don't forget the spa tip $ Red.

Luminescence Spa 13570 Meadowgrass Dr # 14, Colorado Springs, CO
(719) 459-2002

I personally went to Veda, Southgate and saw Kayla as a hairstylist and I don't recall who did the massage. But to be honest, it wasn't as pleasurable as it could be. I like professionalism, yes. But I also like to feel welcomed, small talk, and smiles. It seemed employees were talking among each other quietly with gossip and avoiding customers and I felt like I needed to keep my head high and dress my best even though you get down and dirty with no make-up, crazy hair do's, and half naked for massages.

Again, YEA RED!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:10 PM

3 posts, read 9,290 times
What exactly is your budget, if you dont mind me asking......I was a frequent guest and the Spa at the Broadmoor and they are BY FAR THE BEST!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:22 PM

14,840 posts, read 17,260,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincoDeMayo5720 View Post
What exactly is your budget, if you dont mind me asking......I was a frequent guest and the Spa at the Broadmoor and they are BY FAR THE BEST!!!
+1 The Broadmoor. Yeah Baby! It's world-class.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-23-2010, 10:29 AM

I agree but I thought he wanted it closer to home- Black Forest. The Broadmoor is awesome!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:27 PM

154 posts, read 266,404 times
What about Flying Horse? They are open to non-members. They will treat your wife like a queen! They also offer very nice couple's massages with champagne, cheese, strawberries... your kids could be in the kids club while you and your wife are enjoying the spa... PS: I had never had a spa treatment .. honestly did not want to go to one alone.. how would your wife feel? My husband decided to go with me.. with the couple's one and it was great!

Good luck! Let us know what you ended up doing

Old 12-23-2010, 06:41 PM

Oh...I didn't know Flying Horse did that?! Very cool and I would so try that. I don't think many know about it. Send her there and report back!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs