U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2006, 11:53 PM

7 posts, read 89,541 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I'm looking into moving from Lincoln, NE to either Denver or Colorado Springs- that depends on my Job Transfer. Could you please fill me in on what life would be like for a 28 year old single male in The Springs? I'm very social, but I won't know a single soul in your city and will be officing out of my place when NOT visiting customers. I guess this means I won't have many co-workers to befriend and will need to rely on locals. I'm hoping to avoid a town that is similar to Lincoln- either single in college or married at the age of 23 with a few kids (not that there is anything wrong with these scenerios).

Thank you for your help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 03:12 PM

649 posts, read 2,648,760 times
Hey there- So, what are your hobbies, interest, etc? That way I can give you an idea of what areas you might like. Where will be the bulk of your customers be? SHEP

Old 08-20-2006, 03:31 PM

7 posts, read 89,541 times
It sounds as if a majority of my customers will be within Colorado Springs so I won't have much time to get out of town during the weekdays.

Hobbies include working out- lifting a few weights (NOT Meathead weight lifting), mountain biking, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc...I'm looking to move so I can enjoy the outdoors as much as possible since my job will keep me from taking vacations/traveling. I figure if I'm NO longer traveling for work like I did the past 5 years- I may as well work whereas I have the opportunity to do something I love everyday. Hopefully this gives you an idea of what I'm looking for and I must admit- I love to party and can even be seen reading the newspaper at the local coffee shop on the weekends. I'm pretty much up for anything as I'm adventurous and like to mix things up.

Thanks,
AW

Old 08-20-2006, 03:44 PM

649 posts, read 2,648,760 times
Hey there-
Ok, I am guessing Colorado Springs may be your place. The "downtown" lifestyle is fun (from what I understand). But you are close enough to Denver that you could head to their downtown area if you needed a change. You can go mountain biking at many different place, Palmer Park being a great place. Mountain are close by. There is just alot to do here if you enjoy the outdoors. Go to www.coloradosprings.com and see what you think. Any other questions? SHEP

Old 08-24-2006, 04:10 PM

571 posts, read 2,250,754 times
Hi,

I lived in COS between the ages of 25 and 30. Granted I was "attached" (and since married) but I can relate to your situation being that we were about your age and didn't know anyone there when we moved.

You'll find a lot of other transplants out there (military, other people moving for jobs/greener pastures, etc.) so it's really not hard to meet people since other people are also looking for social connections. I found that most people were really friendly and open to new people. For example, my husband is also a hunter but we didn't work with anyone who hunted (work was where we met most of our friends at first). So he went on some message board and within a week he was invited along with some guys to go pheasant hunting...which, coming from a place where people are more reserved and "to themselves" (Minnesota), I thought was pretty cool.

You'll also find that people are generally pretty laid back, casual and outdoorsy. With your interests, I think you'll fit right in!

One thing you will notice is that, for its size, COS is rather conservative (lots of military and religious influences). There ARE fun places to go out and stuff, but it's definitely not what I'd call a "party" town. People seem to be into more "clean" or "healthy" activities. But like someone else said, Denver isn't far if you want more of an "urban" vibe.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Old 08-27-2006, 04:36 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,387,292 times
Shep & Midnite -

I appreciate your forthrightness in answering q's & supplying websites, personal stories & local info. As I follow along on these posts, I find most of my answers & have learned alot from your posts & others, having to ask very few q's. This is a nice, friendly board & speaks well of the Springs area, in general. Nice to think I may be joining the CS community within months & look forward to doing so, I must say.

Thank you both, again for your kindness... Baltic_Celt

Old 08-28-2006, 04:33 PM

571 posts, read 2,250,754 times
No problem I hope you find what you're looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or