Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 8,783 times

Advertisements

Hello.
We are on the process of getting ready of our lot to build our dream home in Black Forest Reserve. We get to meet our builder and had good experience with them so far. They were really helpful and freindly. Is anyone here lived in the area? I was wondering what kind of cellphones provider will be best to use in a treed properties like in Black Forest. Last time we visited the property is the cellphone signal is so weak. It is impossible to make a phone call or recieved a call at all.

Any advice or help will be so appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,975 times
Default Black Forest

I was just searching this thread for info on Black Forest. We are movng to CSprings his summer and are considering Black Forest so we can have a large lot with trees! How do you like living there, and do you feel like you are far from everything in town? How about schools there? Wolford Elem, Pine Creek HS?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,106,051 times
What will your water source be?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,975 times
I think most homes have their own wells in that area

Old 03-23-2012, 06:47 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,106,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsagyrl View Post
I think most homes have their own wells in that area
Be sure to familarize yourself with well restrictions. I believe that for up to 5 acres a well is only allowed for inside the house use. I'm not sure how much acreage you have to have to get an outside use well permit.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,139,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Be sure to familarize yourself with well restrictions. I believe that for up to 5 acres a well is only allowed for inside the house use. I'm not sure how much acreage you have to have to get an outside use well permit.
It all depends on what type of well permit you have. I live on a 5 acre lot and I have a domestic well which allows outdoor watering and watering horses. A household well will not allow outdoor watering, where an domestic well allows outdoor watering plus watering up to 8 livestock. Perhaps the more recently platted subdivisions allow only household wells if under 35 acres?

Here is a site with lots of colorado well info, and there is even a search where you can look up what kind of well permit you have.
Well Permitting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs