Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capepuffin View Post
I just moved to Colorado Springs from sea level (Cape Cod, MA.) and it has been tough. The first few days I was dizzy in Denver. After about a week I came to Colo Springs & got pretty sick (flu like symptoms) that lasted about 3days. I had total fatigue and a hard time catching my breath, but I was unpacking a moving truck and going up and down flights of stairs. I have had a lot of diahrea also.

This almost sounds like a coincidence. Maybe you did have a bug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 05:49 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,257 times
Not to worry. A lot of Colorado Rockies fans reported the same symptoms recently as well.

Cheerio

Bob

Old 11-09-2007, 06:47 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
Not to worry. A lot of Colorado Rockies fans reported the same symptoms recently as well.

Cheerio

Bob
I wonder if that's what Buckner had in 1986.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:13 PM

25 posts, read 98,404 times
Default Blood Pressure

I went to the docs the other day because I have still been feeling really sick on and off. Mostly on though. My blood pressure has skyrocketed! Now I never thought of my blood pressure and problems with altitude before. I was on BP med before I came out here and now I am on double the meds!

I just want to let people know that if you have hypertension or high Blood Pressure, it can go up drastically. After a trip to the ER and doubling my BP med it has come down just a little in about a week. I guess I am one of those people who don't adjust to quickly. When I went to Denver for Thanksgiving (a house and people who I have never met before) I brought my BP monitor because I wanted to know if my BP would drop. Well IT DID! I felt better, no headache or fatigue, and when I came back to the Springs, wouldn't you know, my BP went up again. So altitude def plays a roll in blood pressure. Now I know why I have not been feeling well. I never had this problem back east. I just hope that it all levels out soon because I do not want to have to move to a lower area because I love it here!

Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 PM

188 posts, read 933,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capepuffin View Post
I just want to let people know that if you have hypertension or high Blood Pressure, it can go up drastically.
How long have you been here? I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and mine was borderline high. I have been here three months now. The second time they took it, it was OK, so maybe the new doc was making me nervous.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:03 PM

25 posts, read 98,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetjanetbobanet View Post
How long have you been here? I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and mine was borderline high. I have been here three months now. The second time they took it, it was OK, so maybe the new doc was making me nervous.
You could have 'White Coat Syndrome!' I have been here 1 month. My blood pressure was a little high back when I lived on Cape Cod but I was put on a BP med and it was fine until I moved here. I was around 129/70 back east now I have been as high as 165/96! Docs doubled my BP meds and it has come down ever so slightly. I guess I will be one of those people that just takes along time to adjust. I have been having terrible anxiety because of it.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 8,991 times
I am planning a 3 week vacation to Colorado. We will be staying in the Colorado Springs and Durango areas. I have asthma and am a little concerned about the affects of the altitude. I have looked at pressureized oxygen bottles but not sure if that will offer long term help.

Anyone have any good advise?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 PM

4 posts, read 12,972 times
Great question about having asthma.
I have asthma as well, and now I'm a little concerned about moving there.

I have lived at elevations of 3,000 ft. And use to visit the local mtns at 6,000 ft. with no problems. But that was just to visit for a day.

Now I'm wondering about living there though... so any advice would be great for us asthmatic people!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:56 PM
yls

58 posts, read 141,360 times
me too-anyone with asthma has advice (mild)?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,468,862 times
As long as the asthma is controlled, you should be fine if you take it easy during the adjustment period.
What I would be careful about is in the winter when it is very dry and bitterly cold. That can be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs