Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2007, 03:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,865 times

Advertisements

I just moved from Colorado Springs (I'm in the military) and I'm dying to go back. The Springs is a great place to raise a family and live a healthy outdoors oriented sort of lifestyle. Colorado is a jewel and the dry climate is perfect for anyone suffering from seasonal allergies. The sunshine you get in the winter months, beats anywhere I've ever lived in the world. Plus the availability of parks means that you can stay in shape year round. Colorado Springs in definately one of the best cities in North America to live and certainly and a real gem in the great American west!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here’s how we decided to move to Colorado Springs from the Wash, DC metro area. ....snip .....s/Mike from back east, and I ain't going back!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-05-2007 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Reduce quoted material. Thanks for the concurrence.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,795 times
Mike,
I lived in Colorado Springs for 18 years and left during the Telco meltdown with WorldCom.

Everything you say is absolutely true. I lived last on Bakers Farm Road and before that on Estebury Circle and before that, on Alpine Valley Drive. Streets you probably know.

I'm living well in Amarillo now...

Old 05-05-2007, 10:00 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl25 View Post
My family and I are moving to Colorado Springs in June. My wife and I both work for the Government and we were wondering if anyone could tell us which parts of town to stay away from when we are looking for apartments. We've been trying to get out there for years and it finally happend, a little unexpectedly, any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Matty: Hello and welcome to city-data...IMO...everything on the north side is great. The farther north of Woodman you get the better...IMO. There are some lovely looking apartments in the vicinity of Research & Union Blvds in the Briargate area.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 9,554 times
Hello everybody,

i came across this website by chance 2 days ago and can't help admitting all wonderful things you guys say about Colorado Springs. My husband and i moved from Seattle to Colorado Springs in December and in spite the fact that we had a couple of blizzards this winter (which reminded me of Russia I am originally from there), I like Colorado Springs' weather, it has more sunny days than Seattle. And overall, you have less traffic here, have a chance to be outdoors more often and people are great!

Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Mike, thanks for your input. Awesome info. Is there anybody there from the Northwest. I have moved from Portland Oregon to Austin. Austin seemed to be a great place to move at first, nice lakes, very green, nice folks. However its been under tornado threats weekley, the weather is very humid, and its just not as pretty as portland. Its muggy as all get out. I miss the NW, but cant take the rain. Can anybody from the NW compair Oregon/Washington to Colorado Springs. BYW what is the sales tax, income tax rate, weather...beauty? Any Tornadoes lately? KS has me a little worried about that. Any lakes out there for ski boats?

Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
I'm moving to CS BECAUSE it is a conservative city.

I cant wait to get out of the liberal cesspool of Oregon.

Did I search on Americas most conservative cities and it was #4, being in Colorado was the topper.

Excellent thread Mike.
Im from Oregon and Washington. You must have either lived in Portlnd, Eugene, or Ashland, because Oregon is pretty conservative.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Move to Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner View Post
Mike-I have received a lot of great info from this post, as well as the rest of the forum, but wanted your input on my specific scenario, since I haven't seen much about opening a business in the area. Thanks!!

We are ooking at moving to the Colorado Springs area to open a personal training studio within the area. Would love any information you can provide both on the business side as well as personal side. We are looking from the Tri-Lakes area down to the Briargate area. We are a young couple, looking to spend between 300-350,000 for a home, newer-construction preferred, in a family-oriented/young professional area. We are also looking at Birmingham, AL and Austin, TX. We are both from Florida (GATOR GRADS), and lived here all of our lives, but are into skiiing, and love outdoor and recreational activities. I personally am concerned about the winter and driving in the snow. As far as opening a business, we are looking at opening in an established market but still growing. Are people in Colorado Springs already so fitness and outdoor oriented, that they wouldn't be interested in a personal training studio, which would offer private and group training classes, as well as fitness boot camps and such? How are organized sports for kids in the area? Are they big into team sports (Pop-Warner, Little League,etc) or more individual sports (gymnastics, skiing, etc)? While we are young and currently have no children, where we open a business is where we plan to start and raise a family, so family issues, such as sports, schools, etc are very important. Any input you can provide, would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
If you are from florida, than I think you can feel good about Austin. Its liberal, humid, (but you are used to that), very nice walking and jogging paths everywhere. I just cannot take the heat. Im from NW and its really hot here in Austin. Ive been to Den Bronco games at Mile high. Colorado might be too cold for Gators.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Default All COS webcams on one page

Thought I'd share this as most sources of the I-25 webcams require you to click on each camera one at a time. The link below has them all on one page so all you have to do is scroll. I work in a windowless building so this page is my way of enjoying the view out the window.

http://www.hispanianews.com/cams/cam_traffic.htm

Old 05-10-2007, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Mike, thanks for your input. Awesome info. Is there anybody there from the Northwest. I have moved from Portland Oregon to Austin. Austin seemed to be a great place to move at first, nice lakes, very green, nice folks. However its been under tornado threats weekley, the weather is very humid, and its just not as pretty as portland. Its muggy as all get out. I miss the NW, but cant take the rain. Can anybody from the NW compair Oregon/Washington to Colorado Springs. BYW what is the sales tax, income tax rate, weather...beauty? Any Tornadoes lately? KS has me a little worried about that. Any lakes out there for ski boats?
Lived on Bainbridge Island, WA.. 8 miles west of Seattle in Puget Sound. The difference is pretty much night and day. COS gets about 300 days of sunshine per year, and Puget Sound area gets about 60 days.. COS is much, much drier.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filoutin View Post
Lived on Bainbridge Island, WA.. 8 miles west of Seattle in Puget Sound. The difference is pretty much night and day. COS gets about 300 days of sunshine per year, and Puget Sound area gets about 60 days.. COS is much, much drier.
What about the beauty factor. This seems to be a bigger issure every day....Can Colorado give Pac NW a run for its money on beauty? I only hear about the rocky mountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs