U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2007, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 6,034 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate from Fla. Currently working for United Launch Alliance.Would like to find employment in the Aerospace field. Any Tips or advice would be very helpfull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 AM

26,362 posts, read 55,166,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars-cocoa bch View Post
Looking to relocate from Fla. Currently working for United Launch Alliance.Would like to find employment in the Aerospace field. Any Tips or advice would be very helpfull.
Are you going to transfer to ULA in Denver? A bunch of Boeing Huntington Beach folks are moving to Denver too.

Lockheed and Northrop Grumman are huge in Colorado. Boeing and Raytheon are not quite as big.

There are many military bases with jobs.

Colorado Springs and Denver and Boulder have a pretty big aerospace presence. If you live in between Denver and COS or Denver and Boulder then you can access jobs in both towns. (I deliberately chose to live near Monument 80132 so I could leverage my location for more job possibilities.)

Many COS aerospace jobs require a security clearance.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 6,034 times
Charles,
Thanks for the reply. I currently hold a security clearance and it has just be renewed. I have applied in house for a couple of ULA jobs. My girlfriend is being transferred to COS with ITT, that is why I have an interest to move to Colorado. I worked for Lockheed Martin (Titan 4) for 10 years and with Boeing(Delta 2&4, Space Station, I.U.S.) for the last 10 then we became U.L.A
Thanks again for the reply

Old 08-04-2007, 08:37 AM

3,697 posts, read 6,977,095 times
Hey Lars and Charles,

Charles and I both relocated out here from California. I transfered internally within Northrop.

There are a lot of openings out here with the big companies. Just check out all the openings on their websites. It really depends what you do and what you are looking for. What is your area of expertise?

Another big consideration is relocation. Many companies say 'local candidates only' because thet don't want to pay relo. That was what happened in my case. I had to move out on my own dime which I was willing to do. I emphasized that I 'didn't' require relo in my application/interview process. But Charles was able to secure relo. So even that will vary.

If you really want to move out here and have marketable skills you shouldn't have a problem.

- Derek

Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 AM

135 posts, read 434,267 times
Default hey lars....

Funny, my family is from Merritt Island.....

Anyway, what about Houston? Johnson Space Center? My eldest brother has worked there for over 22yrs......

Old 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM

455 posts, read 825,190 times
I am also looking at Co and currently working for Boeing. I have tried to look for openings within Boeing but it is slim pickings. I am willing to change companies if I have to. My family just wants out of TX.
My area's of expertise are Quality Assurance, Logistics/Supply Chain Management and Operations.
Any help would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs