U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:38 PM

555 posts, read 583,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJR45 View Post
It's only a theory and students should be told its only a theory.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 02:44 PM

555 posts, read 583,610 times
For the OP (Original Poster), I've lived in four cities in my adult life, one of which was Denver, and Colorado Springs is FAR AND AWAY the best combination of cost of living, size, access to trails etc., general sense of safety/well-being, community, etc., etc. Like most places, it can be a challenge to get a foot-hold, but once you do, I strongly suspect you will (eventually) love it if you move here, despite the inevitable imperfections all places have.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM

8 posts, read 21,891 times
The Arkansas River is about 1.5 hours away. It is beautiful and has many picnic tables, bathrooms, and grills all along it. There is also rafting trips with exciting rapids. The loaf and jug is a pretty good convienence store. It has most everything you need including fried chicken.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,667 times
@JSGOOFN, Denver is a world away compared to Colo. Springs. It seems that Denver has a lot more to offer in terms of things to do, interesting/nice people, jobs, and a variety of places to live....not cookie cutter boring. Ryanen9freak is right there are some days that are mild but unfortunately they are not as frequent as he suggest. For example, our last snow for the winter of 2010-2011 was in May. Like I said in my post I have grown up in CS and have formed my opinion from 35 years of living here.
@ the others: If other people like in here.....Great! There is no need to stoop to name calling and insults. Although, this does seem to support what I said in my earlier post as to some of the people you find here. You don't know me nor have you walked in my shoes. Best Wishes!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,776,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan7 View Post
@JSGOOFN, Denver is a world away compared to Colo. Springs. It seems that Denver has a lot more to offer in terms of things to do, interesting/nice people, jobs, and a variety of places to live....not cookie cutter boring. Ryanen9freak is right there are some days that are mild but unfortunately they are not as frequent as he suggest. For example, our last snow for the winter of 2010-2011 was in May. Like I said in my post I have grown up in CS and have formed my opinion from 35 years of living here.
@ the others: If other people like in here.....Great! There is no need to stoop to name calling and insults. Although, this does seem to support what I said in my earlier post as to some of the people you find here. You don't know me nor have you walked in my shoes. Best Wishes!
Says you! I seriously rode my bike year round. I get at least 3 days a week without snow or biting wind, it's not that uncomfortable. I suppose that all depends on what you think is cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs