Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 11:33 PM

3 posts, read 10,934 times

Advertisements

Hello I just moved here to COS and found a new place called The little Havana Cuban Cuisine .. in downtown COS.....

[ MOD EDIT: Copied this from an old thread to generate a new thread on this topic. ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-15-2011 at 06:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 PM

14 posts, read 55,650 times
Default Cuban food

Are there any Cuban restaurants in Colorado Springs? I know there used to be one on Union off of Platte but they closed awhile ago. Anyone know if they just moved or are there any other cuban places around here?

Thanks!!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 28,000 times
So glad you asked this quesion! I am in Tampa, FL seriously looking to move here with my job. I've lived in Tampa all my life growing up on home cooked southern food and loving the cuban food I also grew up with as well. Not huge on plantains but loving my boliche, ropa vieja and cafe con leche. Can you even buy saffron or vigo yellow rice in the grocery store?! there is a thread on here about puerto rican food but not cuban! can't wait to find out! I am soooooo ready to move out of this heat and humidity!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
Hhhhmmm. I'm not sure there is another Cuban place in CO Springs, other than what was mentioned above....but if there isn't one here, Denver is full of all kinds of cuisine...from Ethiopian, Thai, to Indian. One thing I wish we had more off; great ethnic food....too many franchise joints here.

I'm sure there are Cuban places there, especially off Colfax. It would be worth a drive.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:46 AM

55 posts, read 120,316 times
have not tried, but wanting to...

The real Cuban sandwich | cuban, sandwich, real - LUNCH TIP - Things to do in CS - Colorado Springs Events

Old 08-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwyz View Post
So glad you asked this quesion! I am in Tampa, FL seriously looking to move here with my job. I've lived in Tampa all my life growing up on home cooked southern food and loving the cuban food I also grew up with as well. Not huge on plantains but loving my boliche, ropa vieja and cafe con leche. Can you even buy saffron or vigo yellow rice in the grocery store?! there is a thread on here about puerto rican food but not cuban! can't wait to find out! I am soooooo ready to move out of this heat and humidity!
Thats funny. The reason I am looking for a cuban restaurant is because of a place in Tampa. Everytime we go down there I have to eat there! But my dad moved up here so now we have no reason to go anymore.
I know you can buy vigo rice and the packets of flavoring for arroz con pollo up here but its just not the same without the cuban bread. There is a place in Denver that has good cafe con leche. Buchi cafe I think is the name. Cuban sandwiches are ok. No arroz con pollo anywhere in denver either.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:40 PM

55 posts, read 120,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnstomaui View Post
No arroz con pollo anywhere in denver either.
false. this place has it, not sure how good it is though, but supposed to be more authentic than buchi cafe cubano.

Cuba Cuba

Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Oh good! I will try Cuba Cuba next time Im in Denver

Old 08-17-2011, 04:08 AM

9 posts, read 28,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnstomaui View Post
Thats funny. The reason I am looking for a cuban restaurant is because of a place in Tampa. Everytime we go down there I have to eat there! But my dad moved up here so now we have no reason to go anymore.
I know you can buy vigo rice and the packets of flavoring for arroz con pollo up here but its just not the same without the cuban bread. There is a place in Denver that has good cafe con leche. Buchi cafe I think is the name. Cuban sandwiches are ok. No arroz con pollo anywhere in denver either.
Where do you go for Cuban food in Tampa? Just curious, I definitely have my favorite spots. But as good as this cuban food is, so ready to leave the heat, humidity and BUGS!!! Hoping to move with a job transfer next summer. Crossing my fingers!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 AM

We have been going to La Teresitas forever. And we always used to get our cuban sandwiches at Alessi Bakery. Thats another thing I cant find in Colorado Springs, a really big bakery like the ones in Tampa. Maybe Im not looking hard enough. I have visited Tampa since I was little and lived there for a year. Its a great place to visit but I couldnt stand living there. Way too many bugs for me. Good luck on your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs