Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Local TV News Channel Do You Prefer
Channel 5 - NBC 13 17.33%
Channel 11 - CBS 16 21.33%
Channel 13 - ABC 23 30.67%
Channel 21 - FOX 10 13.33%
Other Channel(s) 4 5.33%
I Don't Watch TV News 6 8.00%
I Don't Watch TV At All 3 4.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 02:19 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Channel 5... Channel 5. Tsk tsk.

I mainly continue to watch this channel to get some nfl football games and the circus act which is the 4 o'clock the 4:30 the noon the 5 o'clock the 6 o'clock and the 10 o'clock news.

In Pueblo West where I live, we have the option of air and satellite. We don't have cable yet... 15 years and counting.

So, with the convenience of the dvr, we just aren't going to turn on DirecTv. Not for the quality and award winning cast and the superior and seamless professionalism of the KOAA engineering dept.

Yes... we are going to have to make the ultimate sacrifice ... and the utter abandonment of this superior broadcast... by heading over to kktv, krdo, and fox.

Your sincere condolences are well-received in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 12:52 PM

6 posts, read 8,577 times
No one should ever watch Fox news.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:38 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBouleOfFools View Post
No one should ever watch Fox news.
Really like the local Fox news; the morning show is my favorite.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:51 PM

862 posts, read 1,197,086 times
Reading this thread I am curious...is it possible to pick up over the air Colorado Springs TV in Denver and vice versa now or in the past during the analog days ?? Years ago when I was at a party in Denver I met a guy who at the time was working for Denver's KCNC channel 4. I remember him telling me that about there was some kind of an agreement in place for many years between the stations of the two markets saying how the Springs stations can't broadcast into Denver and Denver likewise can't broadcast their TV signals into Colorado Springs. I can't see how that would had been possible if what the KCNC guy had told me was even true ( hey we were at a party LOL ).

For the record I have been told for years that Fort Collins can pick up Cheyenne television without any trouble. No big deal now but I would imagine it could had been back in the day.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:46 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan1968 View Post
Reading this thread I am curious...is it possible to pick up over the air Colorado Springs TV in Denver and vice versa now or in the past during the analog days ?? Years ago when I was at a party in Denver I met a guy who at the time was working for Denver's KCNC channel 4. I remember him telling me that about there was some kind of an agreement in place for many years between the stations of the two markets saying how the Springs stations can't broadcast into Denver and Denver likewise can't broadcast their TV signals into Colorado Springs. I can't see how that would had been possible if what the KCNC guy had told me was even true ( hey we were at a party LOL ).

For the record I have been told for years that Fort Collins can pick up Cheyenne television without any trouble. No big deal now but I would imagine it could had been back in the day.
The only way you can get Denver stations in Pueblo or Colorado Springs is if you have cable. Even then they block out all shows that are shown here. Actually there is a funny story about this. When I was a kid I did not realize the station was blocking them out as at the time they would not say that just show the Pueblo/ Springs feed on the Denver station. What I thought was that when the news was not on in Denver they turned the network over to our stations and they saw what we saw even the preview for the local news. I always thought how sad Denver can't afford to have a tv station all day and have to watch Pueblo's lol Ugg being a kid

Old 02-02-2015, 10:07 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,886,165 times
Being from Denver, I can say that most folks up there don't even know we have a separate media market here. Many think the whole state gets Denver television. A while back, a friend mentioned a big story going on in Boulder and I told him I hadn't heard about it (it involved some people we both knew). When I told him it wasn't on our local news, he responded "the Springs has local TV? You guys have gone big-time eh, when did you get your own market?" I said "oh, around 1953." And this gentleman is a corporate executive.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:22 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
Being from Denver, I can say that most folks up there don't even know we have a separate media market here. Many think the whole state gets Denver television. A while back, a friend mentioned a big story going on in Boulder and I told him I hadn't heard about it (it involved some people we both knew). When I told him it wasn't on our local news, he responded "the Springs has local TV? You guys have gone big-time eh, when did you get your own market?" I said "oh, around 1953." And this gentleman is a corporate executive.
That is actually sad that people think that in Denver. It would be like people in Orlando Florida thinking people in Miami watch Orlando news.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
That is actually sad that people think that in Denver. It would be like people in Orlando Florida thinking people in Miami watch Orlando news.
Agreed buddy! I also think it's because most Denver stations have "Colorado Springs" news bureaus, so people just assume. And whenever a big national story breaks, like the Waldo/Black Forest fires, the networks go to their Denver stations for coverage.

Last edited by Kar54; 02-02-2015 at 10:34 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 04:27 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
No, it would be like folks from Jacksonville thinking folks from Yeehah Junction watch Miami news.

Speaking of news, I've been continuing my boycott of Channel 5 since their going off air some time back.

So I've been watching channel 13. I'm wondering about this Abby Acone gal. She seems better behind the camera than on the radio... 105.5 fm. Her voice on the radio needs work imo.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No, it would be like folks from Jacksonville thinking folks from Yeehah Junction watch Miami news.
Great analogy Dog, can't disagree with that one. Reminds me of when Rich Tosches wrote for The Gazette. He used to refer to the Springs as "the village". He once wrote, "Fly COS airport, with over 200 non-stop flights a day to Denver!" Funny guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs