Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times

Advertisements

I've seen several storefront kabob places around town, in local strip malls.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 AM

55 posts, read 120,316 times
while not in c springs, masalaa in aurora is very good and unique. south indian style food which is different from the more common north indian tandooris, currys, etc. this is a vegetarian place specializing in dosas. have not found anything similar here.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
Wow...more popular topic than I thought....... and I can't even get any of my friends to come with me when I'm wanting some Indian food.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
Wow...more popular topic than I thought....... and I can't even get any of my friends to come with me when I'm wanting some Indian food.
You need new friends.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:18 PM

25 posts, read 50,508 times
We were big fans of Taste of India for a long time. But the last time we were there (couple months ago) was on par with a mall food court. It seems like they've changed hands because the food quality had dropped significantly and the staff was all different from those we usually saw there. Even the interior "decoration" looked dramatically more spartan than it used to be. Could be an isolated experience - anyone been lately?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 PM

24 posts, read 67,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo98 View Post
while not in c springs, masalaa in aurora is very good and unique. south indian style food which is different from the more common north indian tandooris, currys, etc. this is a vegetarian place specializing in dosas. have not found anything similar here.
I'll admit that I have never ventured to Aurora for the cuisine, but I'll have to try it. I am a vegetarian myself and I am always down to try new indian or veggie places.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM

24 posts, read 67,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
There's Mirch Masala, India Palace Restaurant, Taste of India (don't like the service there), Little Nepal and I think a few others, these are ones I know of for sure.

I hesitate to comment on the food, because I don't have "the real thing" to compare them to. I only know I've enjoyed Mirch Masala especially, and the others were okay. I had a good Indian meal in Denver, but don't remember the name of the place. A search online yields quite a few "reviews" from diners on all these places. If you're craving Indian food, all these places should at least help a little bit with that craving. Or you could do like I did and learn how to make some of the dishes yourself.
Alright, I will def'lly try them. I have never been to India nor eaten at the home of an Indian person, so I suppose I have no real idea of the real thing either (though those I know who have been to India certainly give rave reviews).

I have made my own saag paneer, naan, and pakoras, as well as some curries. It's so time intensive and requires so many ingriedients that I have only had marginal to mediocre results.

My #1 is Katmandu in Nederland, CO. It's technically nepalese, but has all the classic indian dishes. I am sure others would think it's not as good as some places, but it was my first - breaking a tragic 22 year period in which I was exposed to no indian food, and thus was incapable of truly appreciating life. The lady who runs it has a good cookbook that uses more american ingreidients in lieu of classic indian ones (like ghee or home made paneer).

Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy&Timmy View Post
I'll admit that I have never ventured to Aurora for the cuisine, but I'll have to try it. I am a vegetarian myself and I am always down to try new indian or veggie places.
Aurora is the best place in the state to get international food. Drive up and down Parker Rd and Havana and you'll find tons of Korean, Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, Middle Eastern, Russian food. Along Colfax in Aurora and East Denver you'll find a lot of Mexican, Salvadorean, and Ethiopian food.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 PM

113 posts, read 223,587 times
I love India Palace (Academy and Vickers) - they have a lunch buffet that is quite yummy, and they're very vegetarian friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs