Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 05:03 PM

35 posts, read 115,216 times

Advertisements

We are currently looking at our options to move to the Colorado Springs area but I first wanted to see if there is work there. I am a Remodelor/Builder that has felt the recession in my business and I need to relocate to find more work.
Please feel free to include any thoughts on this matter to help me make a decision.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 05:22 PM

6,809 posts, read 10,461,091 times
Home sales are very slow now. Remodeling may be a bit better, but not much.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:43 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,265,457 times
There are hordes of displaced construction workers trying to get by on (very few) remodel projects here. I doubt there's anywhere in the country not similarly affected.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,020 times
I am a remodeler and home builder there is nothing here. I heard on the radio that we lost 10,000 population last month and half of those are unemployed I would guess mostly construction workers. If you still have a business stay put. all of my friends have moved all over the us looking for work only to be laid off because of the migration of tens of thousands looking for work. It is starting to look erie around here with no traffic and and closed up shops everywhere. If you want a better idea though visit www.pprbd.org and look and permits. It will show you everything that is going on here. Just remember on the activity chart it looks like building alterations is doing really well but its all roofing and that is a cutthrout trade around here right now.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:29 PM

5 posts, read 7,137 times
Some of the highest rates of unemployment in the area are contruction workers of all trades. The only trades work in the area is maintenance contracts on the bases.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:46 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,356,290 times
My father had a once lucrative home building business in the Midway Ranch area, about 6 or 7 year years ago. It went from people waiting 2 years to get a house built by him, to my father not being able to give them away for less than it cost to build them, almost like a faucet just got shut off.

The new home business is not very good right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs