U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:54 PM

74 posts, read 172,041 times

Advertisements

I think we're pretty much decided on COS! We've researched EVERY other possible city we would consider, even visited some other places. We keep coming back to COS. It seems to have the beat mix of why we're looking for. And we took nothing off the table having looke into Connecticut, California, Utah, Wisconsin, MN, Oregon, Seattle, DC...and several places here in TX. Nothing measures up!
So get ready Broncos fans, you'll have yet another family of COWBOYS fans in town before ya know it! Lol
Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge you all have shared!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 02:59 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,124,223 times
Well, an early welcome then! I'm a native Texan myself (DFW) and a Cowboys, Stars, Rangers and Mavs fan.

I have to admit though, I have adopted the Broncos, Avs and Rockies as my second teams, so long as they aren't playing my Texas teams (can't go with the Nuggets though). It just happens, you go to one game (and another and another and another) and next thing you know you are buying a Manning, Sakic, and Tulowitzski jersey (to go along with the Elway I already had).

I hope you love it here as much as my family and I do.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 PM

727 posts, read 1,137,067 times
I'll add my welcome as well. Sounds like you did the kind of research we did, and we kept coming back to COS too.

You may find that you become SkySox fans, as well. That's the COS AAA affiliate of the Rockies. Nice little ball park about a 15 minute drive from downtown (on the eastern part of town). Best seats in the house are $13 (behind home plate). You'll get to see a steady stream of Rockies playing here for rehab or to get their swings, arms, etc., straightened out. Even had Carlos Gonzalez here for a short stint last year while rehabbing his wrist.

Again, welcome to town.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 PM

That sounds great! My kids would love it especially! Here we have tondrive to Dallas and the price of Cowboys Tickets makes it unaffordable to take. Family of 5.
Thx for the tip!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 PM

9,303 posts, read 8,447,739 times
I've lived all over the US and travel quite a bit for work. Here's some things to consider:
* The air is very dry in Colorado. If you are prone to eczema or other dry skin conditions, you will be miserable in Colorado. Everytime I visit, my skin gets painfully dry. If you look at people that have lived in Colorado for extended periods of time, their skin doesn't look good. If it wasn't so darn dry in Colorado, I'd consider it, but my skin actually hurts when I'm there.
* The snowiest months in Colorado are March/April. That is the time that Texas has its best weather. Don't count out cold and snowy Spring Breaks.
* You'll be giving up great Mexican and TexMex cuisine. There is really no good barbeque either, but there is a Rudy's in CO Springs that I know of.

Again, you wanted to know things you didn't consider, just giving you some things to consider. I find the CO mountains beautiful, by the way. No humidity is nice for athletic comfort, but not for the skin

Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM

2,867 posts, read 7,107,983 times
Dry is a good thing, I'll take that any day over humidity. Tex mex and bb, who cares, make it youself if you like it that much. I love it in Colorado, there's no other place I'd rather be.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Dry is a good thing, I'll take that any day over humidity. Tex mex and bb, who cares, make it youself if you like it that much. I love it in Colorado, there's no other place I'd rather be.
lol I agree
believe me if there was anything i couldn't live without in TX I wouldnt be leaving. I've lived in New Zealand where literally ALL of the food was awful.
We can make our own tex-mex and bbq for sure! I mean we ARE Texans for cryin out loud! lol
We are MOST interested in the climate, the lifestyle, the excellent public schools available, and the overall feeling of the area. Food? Food is just food.
As far as the dry air goes...you are speakin our language! I hate the nasty, sweaty, oily, slick humidity of Austin, TX (my hometown). Dry sounds like a dream to me out here in western TX where today it reached 93 degrees!

Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM

12 posts, read 12,996 times
We are just outside Austin and agree...hate the hot climate here though it sticky here doesn't compare to Houston! I've loved reading this thread. We have friends that want us to move COS but we've considered VA for a few years now. The land is quite a bit cheaper than anything we've seen around COS. We want acreage though and not a subdivision. Best of luck in your move!

Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM

20,343 posts, read 37,861,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPiglets View Post
We are just outside Austin and agree...hate the hot climate here though it sticky here doesn't compare to Houston! I've loved reading this thread. We have friends that want us to move COS but we've considered VA for a few years now. The land is quite a bit cheaper than anything we've seen around COS. We want acreage though and not a subdivision. Best of luck in your move!
If you want acreage in VA, the Shenandoah Valley is among the most beautiful places in the country, just too far from major job centers for most folks. That I-81 corridor down the valley is awesome for well over a hundred miles.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM

12 posts, read 12,996 times
I agree Mike. My husband would most likely land at Micron in Manassas. We have friends in Fredricksburg that are selling their $400k house and buying one in Chatham for $375k. Twice the size, 13 acres instead of 5. Taxes are about the same which is still less than half of what we pay here outside of Austin.
I can't find acreage for sale near COS (looking for at least 20acres) with nice trees and a creek hopefully. Everything I've seen in CO is barren or has just a few tiny trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs