U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:18 AM

4 posts, read 9,628 times

Advertisements

LOL funny folks We are non drinkers so....not that I haven't partaken in the past trust me. It's practically in the water around here. However, I do want to point out for those moving to KY. It is a beautiful state. Just remember the Lexington made it to a list of the laziest cities in America. I don't like Louisville to live but that doesnt mean somene else wouldn't. Lexington is pricey. We are surrounded by some of the most beautiful horse farms (keyword: FARM, we do not call them ranches here, it took me a while to get my husband ADJUSTED TO THAT FACT) in the world, the number one thing to do in Lexington is go out to eat and ......drink.....and um go out to eat. Eh, not a bad place but ready to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM

9,834 posts, read 6,305,324 times
Actually one thing a Kentuckian could do, they could drive up to Cincinnati for the Labor Day fireworks. I used to live in that area and that was one of the coolest annual events I've ever seen. I love me some fireworks...and I've seen the 4th in DC and it was not as good. Then there's Waverly Hills in Louisville if you're into ghost hunting, that was pretty neat, they do tours and the owners are quite nice. Adventure can be had anyplace if you look hard enough. Except maybe Iowa...where the most exciting thing in 10 years was the new mall. Personally I'm looking forward to getting my first decent steak in 4 years. The Pacific Northwest sucks like that (I don't like seafood!)

Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 PM

2,867 posts, read 7,104,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Actually one thing a Kentuckian could do, they could drive up to Cincinnati for the Labor Day fireworks. I used to live in that area and that was one of the coolest annual events I've ever seen. I love me some fireworks...and I've seen the 4th in DC and it was not as good. Then there's Waverly Hills in Louisville if you're into ghost hunting, that was pretty neat, they do tours and the owners are quite nice. Adventure can be had anyplace if you look hard enough. Except maybe Iowa...where the most exciting thing in 10 years was the new mall. Personally I'm looking forward to getting my first decent steak in 4 years. The Pacific Northwest sucks like that (I don't like seafood!)
Last time I went to Lousiville, I bar crawled on Bardstown road, and then went downtown to 4th st and had a blast. One of the coolest cities I've ever been too.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,712,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Don't hate on Iowa!

Just because we don't have anything fun to do, and few people actually WANT to move here.... okay fine, I'll admit I'm excited to get out of here and move to CS.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:58 PM

235 posts, read 627,195 times
Most places credit check, and if your score is bad, they usually hike up the deposit a TON.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,535,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuh View Post
Most places credit check, and if your score is bad, they usually hike up the deposit a TON.
And for very good reason, speaking as a former landlord. There are an astounding number of deadbeats in our society. I am not suggesting that any of us here are deadbeats, but you don't find out until you've already rented to them, and then you have a long and costly eviction process to go through, plus usually much repair work to the house/apartment which the evictees trash out of pure spite on the way out.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 PM

26 posts, read 37,446 times
Compile a list of solid references from prior landlords. Include them when you apply for the unit you are interested in, and be upfront with your perspective landlord prior to submitting the application. If they don't want to rent to someone in your predicament, it's better to save the $25 application fee and apply it where you know you'll get in! Good Luck!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:14 PM

9,834 posts, read 6,305,324 times
I just hate being treated like some kind of a "lowly peasant" when I go to apply for a rental. I mean...I don't look trashy, I speak respectfully and politely, and I haven't paid a single thing late for any reason in like a decade. I don't even have pets! I am a good tenant! But credit card balances that I haven't managed to pay off drag my score down, too. Lingering financial baggage from my 20's...I'm workin' on it, but I won't make my family go without while I do, so it takes time. In the meanwhile though, you go talk to these management people and they act as though anyone not BUYING the house is a lower form of life. I resent the term "landlord" honestly. I call mine "the owners." And we are friends, we went boating with them on their lake on the 4th of July! This isn't feudal France for crying out loud, these PMs can quit being so snotty already. They're only middlemen anyhow. And seriously, they are not the only ones who need to judge who they're going into business with. Many parties in the owner/landlord position are unscrupulous and bad to their tenants, too.

How's this: saw an application which asked for 3 credit card numbers, then had the applicant sign a paragraph stating that those accounts can be used for collection of unpaid rents and/or fees, and also stated that management reserves the right to "share information collected" with not only collections agencies but also "other interested parties"...what??? I don't think so. I really like that house, but I'm not signing that. I don't care what they mean to do with my info. I'm not giving them my permission to carry on shenanigans with it, then just hope they don't!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:32 PM

1,005 posts, read 2,474,694 times
It's not like you are along in the process. j Tons of people have credit problems right now and it will only continue to get worse. They still want your money and rather than refuse it because of your bad credit, they will try to get more of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs