U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,105 times

Advertisements

So my girlfriend and I have decided to move to Colorado Springs early next summer. We were wondering what areas of the city had the most non-complex apartments? We're moving from St. Louis and love the four-family flats that are so common here and were hoping to find something similiar where we had a shared yard to have a garden in. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 AM

20,283 posts, read 37,724,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaumann12345 View Post
So my girlfriend and I have decided to move to Colorado Springs early next summer. We were wondering what areas of the city had the most non-complex apartments? We're moving from St. Louis and love the four-family flats that are so common here and were hoping to find something similiar where we had a shared yard to have a garden in. Thank you very much.
Sounds like what people here call a 4-plex, essentially a big house with four apartment units. There are a lot of these around town, but I'm not sure how to find them other than look at padmapper.com

IMO, I'd say these are most prevalent in ANY of the older parts of town be it in the foothills along Centennial, in Old Colorado City on the west side, or in the central area. I've a friend who owns several of them and they are all over town.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,174 times
Hello everyone. I have been reading the CO Springs threads and I'm finding them very helpful (Mike, you are awesome, sharing all the hyperlinks, thanks!).

Here's what's going on with us: I graduated high school in Fort Collins (too many years ago to say), but only lived there a short time before moving away. Two months after graduating, I married my high school sweetheart and we relocated to Las Vegas and have lived here pretty much since. (and still married )

As a union Ironworker, my husband had a great job here for many years. Then, as I'm sure you can feel our pain, along came the economy crash and construction here in Vegas ended. Too young to retire, my husband has struggled along here, trying to find work. So we have finally decided to cut our losses and get out.
We decided, why not live someplace with a little more green and a lot more beauty, right? We decided on Colorado!

With family still there (Ft Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Denver and Co Springs) we're really looking forward to the move. But after giving it a lot of thought, our first choice is Co Springs.

So, here's what I need to know:

My husband recently renewed his CDL and hopes being closer to a more central part of the country will give him more opportunity to get a local driving job. He is also a Veteran, if that helps. If anyone has information regarding the best places to job hunt in Colorado Springs, please share.

As for me, I do customer service work for a national company from home, so I have a job anywhere I go.

We plan to rent for a little while until we decide the best area to settle. So if you don't mind sharing, what areas of town should we avoid when looking for a place to rent?

We're getting excited about our move and looking forward to getting on the road in the next couple of months. Any info and/or suggestions about the CS area will be most appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,174 times
P.S.
What's this I hear about all the "religious weirdos" in CS area??? That will definitely annoy me!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:19 AM

20,283 posts, read 37,724,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadsgirl View Post
P.S.
What's this I hear about all the "religious weirdos" in CS area??? That will definitely annoy me!
Those stories are way overblown. There are some groups here that get notoriety for their national following, but locally they are small potatoes. Do not avoid COLO SPGS because of those rumors and stories. Religion is alive and well here, but it's live and let live.

Denver metro area is the best place for an ironworker and/or a CDL type.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,946,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Those stories are way overblown.
There is over 100 Evangelical organizations located in the Springs & some of their leaders are very influential members of the community, I don't think its over blown at all. The Springs is an extremely laid back conservative city for its size in large part because of the Evangelical influence. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing as everyone has different wants & desires but its definitely not for everyone, especially those that are very liberal in their beliefs/lifestyle.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:17 AM

69 posts, read 193,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
There is over 100 Evangelical organizations located in the Springs & some of their leaders are very influential members of the community, I don't think its over blown at all. The Springs is an extremely laid back conservative city for its size in large part because of the Evangelical influence. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing as everyone has different wants & desires but its definitely not for everyone, especially those that are very liberal in their beliefs/lifestyle.
I mostly agree with that. Yes, there's little to no religious pressure, but day to day life of socially conservative people is different than the day to day life of more liberal-minded people, and that's evident wherever you look. I don't pick up on any animosity coming from either side, but as a liberal myself, I can't help but notice how conservative many things are around here. All the more reason why we need more liberal-minded people moving to this area, to help balance things out a bit!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 AM

2,864 posts, read 7,086,324 times
Nope, I like the Springs just the way it is. If you want liberalism, stay on the west side/Manitou. You'll get it in droves over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs