Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,933,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yeah, know whatcha mean. Went to a Korean lady on Academy near Dublin, man, she was fast, but my hair looked so-so.
That's why I asked if he was looking for a military cut. I was going to recommend her as I used her back when I was in the Air Force. She is really fast, inexpensive and did a good job for that type of hair cut. No idea how she is for a civilian cut. I retired back in 2004 and haven't really gotten a hair cut in five years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,150,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yeah, know whatcha mean. Went to a Korean lady on Academy near Dublin, man, she was fast, but my hair looked so-so. Tried another Korean lady on Research near Powers and she was even worse. I've a gal I go see up in Monument who's good, but I sure wish I had the old Greek guy from back in the DC area (Dmitri), man, after one of his haircuts I could've been on the cover of GQ, flawless cut.

I may try some of these guys people are recommending.

PS: Going WAY back almost 40 years, my old barber in west Baltimore was good; he learned the trade while in jail.
You really should try Ben out. He cuts with precision and knows how to give handsome, old style, cuts, as well as the more choppy look that young'uns prefer these days. Just make sure you ask for BEN, since he has other Barbers working there these days.

If anyone want his direct mobile #, just DM me and I'll give it to you.

PS, you're welcome, Davey Person

Last edited by treedonkey; 05-06-2009 at 01:02 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM

133 posts, read 554,638 times
I haven't been there but there's a barber shop off of York and Academy, by the Freaky's tattoo joint and South Jersey Subs. In the Academy/Woodmen or Academy/Dublin area.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:14 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,150,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1171 View Post
I haven't been there but there's a barber shop off of York and Academy, by the Freaky's tattoo joint and South Jersey Subs. In the Academy/Woodmen or Academy/Dublin area.
That's Ben's Place! Benny Boyz... Okay, now you HAVE to go there...

Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 PM

114 posts, read 124,552 times
I know what you mean, hard to find a good haircut.
Just found this gal a couple of month ago, good haircut, reasonable price.

Sun's Barber Shop
(719) 635-1485
832 E Fillmore St
Colorado Springs, CO

Last edited by colobill; 05-07-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 PM

7,120 posts, read 9,185,840 times
Larry at Larry's Barbershop does a good job. He is an old guy from Iowa in his 60s who has cut hair for many years. Simple shop, truck and gun magazines, westerns playing on the TV. My kind of place.

Like you, I was freaked out at the unisex hairstyling place by a 24 year old purple hair chick with too many tatoos and body piercings.

As a fellow old guy, Larry is more to my liking.

The shop is next the the Baskins and Robbins near Academy and Flintridge

Old 05-08-2009, 05:01 AM

271 posts, read 1,068,881 times
Pleasant Valley Barbers, 521 N. 30th street. ask for Roy, he does an AMAZING job, real old fashioned, I use him. He has a name for every haircut, or can relate it to some movie, his is obsessed with his job. He still does the shave with a straight razor and warm lather. He is once again, AMAZING!! He takes his time and does it right. His shop is often packed wall to wall. It really helps to call ahead for an appointment. He also thanks God he is that busy. Does not complain about it. Direct Message me for his number.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 AM

60 posts, read 314,417 times
I've had excellent results at Great Clips at Dublin and Austin Bluffs in the Albertson's shopping center. They are reasonable and quick.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:03 PM

35 posts, read 142,428 times
I just saw Mike at Unisex Barbers due to this thread. He did a great job and offered a lot of advice on the area. I will be going back.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,494 times
Default What are the best Barber Shops in Colorado Springs?

I am looking for a good male barber who cuts hair well and does not work in Supercuts, Great Clips or a different chain. An old school barber or a young guy who knows what they are doing, who offer good prices, and have good stories would be ideal. I like civilian (not military) haircuts, in Colorado Springs (near downtown would be best). I really do not want to have to go to Great Clips again! Does anybody know of any great barber shops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs