Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:24 PM

9 posts, read 66,334 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone,
After a long and agonizing discussion with my DH,
we decided to move to CS from denver for awhile before my baby is born.
However, can anyone give us some suggestions on the apartments in CS?
We are looking into "Madison at Rockrimmon",since he works in HP and it is close by.
I would like to ask anyone who lived there or heard of it before of their opinions about this apartment.
Is it safe?
how is the management?
Is it a noisy place to live?
any advice help.
Thanks
Mavis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 02:24 PM

648 posts, read 2,939,839 times
hey there- You know, I may know one of the managers, I am trying to remember if that is where she works. I will find out and get back to you. If that is the case, it is a great place. bashep

Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 PM

170 posts, read 761,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayrain17 View Post
Hi, everyone,
After a long and agonizing discussion with my DH,
we decided to move to CS from denver for awhile before my baby is born.
However, can anyone give us some suggestions on the apartments in CS?
We are looking into "Madison at Rockrimmon",since he works in HP and it is close by.
I would like to ask anyone who lived there or heard of it before of their opinions about this apartment.
Is it safe?
how is the management?
Is it a noisy place to live?
any advice help.
Thanks
Mavis
Hi MayRain,

I am moving from South Tx to Colorado Springs next month. I will be flying up in a couple of weekends to check out some apartments in the district 20 area...the Northeast side. From everything I have read on this website that is supposed to be a great school district and very nice part of town. Feel free to hang onto my information and we can correspond more when I get back.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM

9 posts, read 66,334 times
thanx everyone.
I would really appreciate your info.
Looking forward to it.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,207 times
Default Apartment questions

Moving to CS on May 1, and will be coming out next week to scout apartments. A couple of recomendations that I recieved from people that I will be working with out there are Woodland Hills and Epernay Apts. Anyone have any good/bad info to share about these places? Or any others nearby? Any info would be helpful..... Thanks all and see ya soon!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:03 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Been to NJ many times, great state, doesn't get the respect it deserves, still....you're gonna LOVE being in Colorado.

Not sure the job situation, but commuting is generally easy from all over town. Suggest Powers Blvd corridor on the north end, from say Woodman on north, especially the Briargate area, Research Blvd, etc. Some great looking stuff at Research and Union. Everything up here is new or newish.

If schools matter, this area is District 20, one of the best 2-3 local districts.

Use the Search this Forum tool with a keyword or two of your choice, everything from crime to pizza to school or schools or traffic or weather or snow or fishing or hiking or whatever.....

Best to you.

s/Mike from back east

Old 04-03-2007, 07:50 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
My aunt and uncle live right over by Woodland Hills Apartments. It's a pretty nice are but you want to get an apartment that doesn't back up to Woodmen Road or Union Blvd.

I drive by it all the time and it seems like a pretty clean complex and I don't recall hearing any major crimes from that particular complex and I am sure I would because my aunt and uncle are pretty darn close.

Good luck on your new job.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,984 times
Good luck apartment hunting! What a chore, I think. I have a few college friends who are doing the apt thing..can't imagine. Their apts are on the north end (D20) and they are not good. A couple of times they woke up with no water (they lived seperately, but same complex). Granted, D20 has the better reputation, but still be careful because even the newer built complexes aren't built well. Even with that being said- I am glad you are renting first to get a good feel of the area. Wise!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 02:21 PM

12 posts, read 46,323 times
Default Apartment Search from Afar

While we are very excited our move to the Springs has happened a lot quicker then planned, unfortunately we will not be able to make a trip out to do apartment hunting. We have researched various apartments as well as apartment ratings online, but wanted to check here to see if anyone had any specific advice or we are missing something. Here is a brief list of what we are looking for: 1 or 2 bedroom, at least 700 sq ft, under $800/month (unless we find a house or townhouse then we will pay more), allow 2 dogs (black lab-75lb, jack russell/beagle-30 lbs), NORTH side of town, prefer to include W/D (hooks at least though). We also want to only rent for about 6-9 months, while we scope out where to buy/build. We are moving out on June 7-give or take a few days. Right now we are leaning towards Windtree, but would love suggestions for other apartment communities to check out online. Also, if anyone know of houses or townhouses, that would be awesome.

We have looked at Rent.com, Forrent.com, Craigslist, and Rent Clicks as well as Apartment Ratings.com-I just want to be able to check out as much as possible, since I can't be there in person. Thanks!!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:18 PM

147 posts, read 627,076 times
My daughter lives at the Windtree Apts. and they are in a fairly good area with easy access to Academy Blvd. and Union. The public library is right behind the complex and there is also a large park/greenbelt area to walk your dogs. However, I do know that they used to have a 25-30 pound weight limit on dogs so you might want to double check if that is still the case.

Otherwise, if you can access the yellow pages on-line I would check out some of the property management companies. Many real estate companies also do property management and have homes for rent. Have you looked in the newspaper - gazette.com ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs