Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:19 PM

399 posts, read 1,544,347 times

Advertisements

I was never afraid of seasons. When I left Hawaii, a small part of me fell off the plane and stayed, but now, after living in South Florida for 3 years, I know it's the mountains. I knew the first time I saw them again flying to Cali. Who knew it was land? I still love the water, but as the person from New Orleans posted, I don't fish, snorkel, scuba, boat. It's not for me. What I do is drink, which doesn't take long to head downhill in a small town and working a lot!

I feel a lot better about making this decision. I was not afraid of a new place, in a lot of ways, that's one reason I feel drawn to Colorado Springs, a culture of people who are varied from origin, but yet are co-mingling in a "pond" for lack of a better way to say it of love for the land and seasons. I miss beautiful leaves and the snowfall before you step in it. Honestly, if I wanted to stay Tropical I would go back to Oahu in an instant. That dwarfs Key West's attempt at a tropical climate.

In a sense, I want a breath of fresh air. I have the excitement under my belt of seeing new places and people, and experiencing different worlds, and I want to continue. I should have known that the negative feedback would be overly-negative. Thanks for being a good example of what I hear from the press and friends here is a great town. I will see you in the fall!

And you are right. You have to make it happen. I will come in with an open-mind and an open handshake, just as I did in Key West. I am looking forward to meeting new folk, drinking less, hiking again, and seeing what I used to dream about back in Indiana as a young boy with those puzzles of the big lakes with reflections of mountains in them.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 PM

109 posts, read 305,242 times
Low Taxes
Affordable Housing
Solid Public Schools
Great Scenery

If you don't like the above, please take the first plane back to California and you will find what u are looking for.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:42 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,188,035 times
Colorado Springs is a great place and very pretty. There's more to like there than not like as far as I'm concerned. I almost moved there several years ago, but the job offer that came in first was in Las Vegas, NV so that's where I've been ever since.
I still have many more places to see before my time is up, plus other places to live. I don't like staying in one place forever..lived in 8 states so far and I never know where the future will take me. I am open to just about everywhere in the west, as long as there are mountains, I am happy.
As far as rain, snow and even blizzards..that sounds like a good adventure. After living in the desert for so long, I'd love to have lots of rain.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 8,956 times
Default Are you people nuts?

C Springs has 320 days of sunshine a year and what little snow you get by early afternoon. The economy is good and the area is beautiful. The church is North of town and I've not met anyone associated with it in the years I lived there. I'm currently in Los Angeles and pray for it to burn ever day. I want to move back to Colorado. If you want to see bad weather...LA is cold on the coast all the time and gloomy half the day. Hmmm, May Grey and June gloom they call it. It's a dump and you need to speak Spanish. Give SOCAL back to Mexico in trade for extending Texas farther south!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:25 PM

15 posts, read 49,180 times
affordable housing??? i disagree

Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 PM

399 posts, read 1,544,347 times
Default I thought about trying to find my "South Park"

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa77 View Post
Seek out the west side of the state, this is only a touristy, coveted taste of colorado. A mess, yes. But west is less people, more snow...and yes there are some places without a wal-mart!
I thought about trying to find a peaceful little mountain town. Like in South Park, but without the giant Barbara Streissand robots and crazy stuff! It would be cool to near hundreds of hiking trails... I guess hiking is great, but school is big too. I plan on going for Psychology... Any good mountain towns that also have good schools?

Here's your chance to shine Western side! I have only been through I-70 and also through 160, that was a cool drive, Durango seemed neat. Help me out here, I am a Floridian lost in the mountains!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:46 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,341,268 times
I beleive there's a college near Gunnison. You'd really like that area.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:07 PM

421 posts, read 1,333,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1970 View Post
C Springs has 320 days of sunshine a year and what little snow you get by early afternoon. The economy is good and the area is beautiful. The church is North of town and I've not met anyone associated with it in the years I lived there. I'm currently in Los Angeles and pray for it to burn ever day. I want to move back to Colorado. If you want to see bad weather...LA is cold on the coast all the time and gloomy half the day. Hmmm, May Grey and June gloom they call it. It's a dump and you need to speak Spanish. Give SOCAL back to Mexico in trade for extending Texas farther south!
Good economy? Try again

Old 07-08-2008, 08:17 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,182,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostgecko View Post

Help me out here, I am a Floridian lost in the mountains!
My son lives in CS and refuses to move. I'm moving to MO from FL so I can visit more often No place is right for everyone. Good thing to or it would be standing room only. I enjoyed looking out across the city without seeing a single smoke stack in '03. Hope it is still that way. We went hiking on the Waldo's Canyon Trail. My first mountain hike. Fabulous. Got snowed out from doing Pike's Peak. Oh well there's another day. I brought home info on so many trails in CO that I want to visit. Some many trails, so little time. Have a good one.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 PM

100 posts, read 279,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabel16 View Post
This is the worst place I've ever lived in. The weather sucks: snow, rain, wind, 2 hours of sun, then rain, wind, snow, blizzard!

Most people are followers: Focus on the Family, Non-denominational churches.

Strip-mall heaven: every corner has a money loan store, cigarrette store, some fast-food joint, cash your paycheck, pawn shop, insurance.

Too conservative...most people who aren't conservative stay hidden in there homes.

Stay away.
WOW, ok I am a California transplant, I hated it here when I first moved here because it wasn't home. Then I fell in love with it. When I hated it, I left, but guess what I spent 16 months and KY and hated that, then I came back here. Imagine that?! I couldn't imagine living in California again (although I considered it for job purposes). At any rate, even though I came here and hated it, I never complained, why? Because I was a guest in this state. Instead I left. I don't know if you are from California, but the way you run your mouth I would guess so. A bit of advice? Mind your mouth, I'm not a native, but my kids are and we love it here, you don't like it, there are more than a few highways that will get you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs