Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:32 PM

309 posts, read 365,344 times

Advertisements

Subliminal......maybe?
Read backwards.....RECORD it first.
JUST.....read the CAPITAL words.....become a SPEED reader! RECORD
IF.....middle word in LIFE.
Subtitled in English.....NOT available for translation to anyone of illegal immigration status.

Gotta get back to the SKY.....TRIPPIN and Rock-N-Roll!

NOT......A LOVER....of JAZZ!

See ya on the Dark Side of the Moon......probably NOT!
Although......no urban sprawl there yet....far as I know....NAU.

Ya....SEA.....what thin air MIGHT do?

Old 08-28-2007, 06:27 AM

55 posts, read 228,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytripper View Post
Subliminal......maybe?
Read backwards.....RECORD it first.
JUST.....read the CAPITAL words.....become a SPEED reader! RECORD
IF.....middle word in LIFE.
Subtitled in English.....NOT available for translation to anyone of illegal immigration status.

Gotta get back to the SKY.....TRIPPIN and Rock-N-Roll!

NOT......A LOVER....of JAZZ!

See ya on the Dark Side of the Moon......probably NOT!
Although......no urban sprawl there yet....far as I know....NAU.

Ya....SEA.....what thin air MIGHT do?
Uh, wow.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,910 times
I lived in CO for 5.5yrs, 3 of those in Co Springs. I loved it sometimes but it never felt like home. Home is wherever your heart is, and if your heart isn't there BAIL!! I enjoyed things there but I don't regret leaving Co spgs and I am even thinking about relocating again.

And yes, it is very transitive and can't make up it's mind in many arenas. The gov. does things part way so it sits in transition indefinitely. Most towns in CO that grow always seem like overgrown mining towns and don't decide what to focus on. And the crime rate was shocking per capita. I was mugged in a gated community. I was also living in Denver when the Columbine incident happened and not surprised one bit.

Well, that's my $.02 best of luck to you and keep searching because happiness is possible

Old 08-28-2007, 03:08 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
You were not surprised that some 13 students and a teacher got murdered in cold blood? I was living not to far from there at the time and it shocked the wholey bjaysuz out of me.

The Columbine Massacre was an unacceptable horror, as was Pearl Harbor, the bombing in Oklahoma City, and the terrorist attacks that occured in New York City, the Pentagon, and a field in Pennsylvania, etc.

What happened to you is unfortunate as well. I've rarely been inside a gated community and I've never been mugged. So there ya go. What the hell does this have to do with Colorado Springs?

Home is where the heart is. That's what they say. Your heart isn't too far from your arse. So sit your arse down somewhere and enjoy the moment.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-28-2007 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: McGowdog's 2 cents

Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,826,111 times
We lived there only a year and grew to dislike it quite a bit, too. We had been told that "winters are mild" and the last winter was certainly NOT mild. The city seems very run down and lacking great grocery stores, dining, or shopping. Every time we went out to eat, some fundamentalist was loudly proclaiming his/her faith at the table next to us or giving a soapbox speech about why children should be spanked (lots of Dobson followers there). We found ourselves driving to Denver all the time because we missed the amenities of a larger, nicer city. I'm glad we moved away...

Old 08-29-2007, 02:22 AM

149 posts, read 323,075 times
Default Location in the Springs has alot to with it.

I had just the opposite experience when I stayed at a bed in breakfast in Old Colorado Springs for a week. The owner of the bed and breakfast spent the whole week talking about his more liberal views. I believe some parts of Colorado Springs are more conservative/fundamentalist and others such as Old Colorado Springs are more liberal/secular.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:06 AM

161 posts, read 731,095 times
colorado springs is real bad, not much going on. people are very conservative in everyway. i lived there for 5 yrs and i had to bail to denver. low wages and boredom was killing me there. people in CS is like this, all they care about is simple things in life. food, shelter, bingo, and church thats it. thats all they want and all they need.

Last edited by mdz; 08-29-2007 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: language

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusa View Post
colorado springs is real bad, not much going on. people are very conservative in everyway. i lived there for 5 yrs and i had to bail to denver. low wages and boredom was killing me there. people in CS is like this, all they care about is simple things in life. food, shelter, bingo, and church thats it. thats all they want and all they need.
Total crap. Couldn't be more untrue of all the people I know here.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 AM

87 posts, read 147,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusa View Post
colorado springs do suck real bad, not much going on. people are very conservative in everyway. i lived there for 5 yrs and i had to bail to denver. low wages and boredom was killing me there. people in CS is like this, all they care about is simple things in life. food, shelter, bingo, and church thats it. thats all they want and all they need.
I just moved out here from Minneapolis and bout to head up to Denver also only because im more of a city boy, but even though im not from here it iratates me when people talk down on this town, because ive lived in so many places that make COS look like heaven, and any one thats says its boring here, there prolly jus boring people, I dnt kno if its becuase my girls from here and she know wut popin on wut nights, but since I been out here ive been havin a ball, I mean you got the Mountains and all the outdoor activities, people said on here that the night life shuts down at 2, buts thats a lie I was down on tajon and like for differnt clubs werent closin till 4, also been to a couple parties that actully suprised me on how crunk colorado can get. I have noticed all the people on here talkin all this consevitive and church stuff live on the north side of town, but can tell you that the down south its nuthi like that

Old 08-29-2007, 10:37 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,149 times
Its split,some people like Colorado Springs and some people don't.To some people this may be the most boring place they've lived,to others it might be the funnest place they've lived.Everyone's not going to have the same experiences in Colorado Springs.I was just up in Denver the other day and Im not a big fan of it.I guess Im just not a Colorado person.I can definetly agree with the OP,the weather here isn't too good,at least in the two years I've been here.Colorado Springs is pretty boring too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs