U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:47 PM

808 posts, read 1,176,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
By the way, as a resident of Pleasant Valley, you can use the community pool. It's only open to those who live in the subdivision.
Just curious ... are you referring to the Valley Swim Club (which charges a membership fee) or is there a different pool in Pleasant Valley open (free) to those who live in the subdivision? I ask because when my wife and I lived in the area, we looked at the cost of a summer membership at the Valley Swim Club and were flabergasted. We've since moved to the Skyway neighborhood in the SW part of town and have joined the Little Dipper Pool for our kids the last three summers at roughly 1/3 the cost of the Pleasant Valley pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 03:14 PM

2,866 posts, read 7,101,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdensbcs View Post
Just curious ... are you referring to the Valley Swim Club (which charges a membership fee) or is there a different pool in Pleasant Valley open (free) to those who live in the subdivision? I ask because when my wife and I lived in the area, we looked at the cost of a summer membership at the Valley Swim Club and were flabergasted. We've since moved to the Skyway neighborhood in the SW part of town and have joined the Little Dipper Pool for our kids the last three summers at roughly 1/3 the cost of the Pleasant Valley pool.
Yes, that's what I was referring to. And I do know they charge for it, but I had no idea it was that bad. Still though, you have to live in pleasant valley to even be eligible for a membership, although that may have changed.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:25 PM

9,824 posts, read 6,291,602 times
I'm reading the water issues thread over in the Colorado forum list. If even a fraction of it is true, pool memberships probably should be expensive, and private pools illegal, and omfg why does anyone have grass!? Dude I'd be thrilled to xeriscape (I learned a new word! Whee!) since I really hate maintaining a lawn. I'll have to go see if there's a Pleasant Valley HOA website that tells me how much pool membership is, you got me curious now...

Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 PM

HOLY MOLY!!

Valley Swim Club in Colorado Springs

Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm reading the water issues thread over in the Colorado forum list. If even a fraction of it is true, pool memberships probably should be expensive, and private pools illegal, and omfg why does anyone have grass!? Dude I'd be thrilled to xeriscape (I learned a new word! Whee!) since I really hate maintaining a lawn. I'll have to go see if there's a Pleasant Valley HOA website that tells me how much pool membership is, you got me curious now...
I have a tiny bit of grass, but most of my yard is rocks

Old 10-20-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
HOLY ****!!! Are they out of their minds?!

God, it only costs like $10 to go to manitou and swim in the public pool!

Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 PM

LOL maybe they don't want to see poor people in bathing suits. If you can't afford plastic surgery, then NO SWIMMING FOR YOU!!

Sorry...this is too absurd for words. I've never seen anything like that. The most amazing theme parks, complete with massive water parks, wave pools, water slides, in VA where I lived as a kid...a season pass is way less. I could go to Disneyland instead. Or the ocean. I can see why you were flabbergasted, smdensbcs. Madness.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:10 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,708,667 times
Wow. I had read the thread before clicking the link. I got a good laugh out of that. I think if I was bored in that area I might get a lawn chair and sit outside so I could point and laugh at everyone going in or coming out. Hilarious. I thought it was funny when classmates spent 50 to 150 on a pair of jeans. (I average about 2-3 bucks buying mine in good shape at good will, and I'm far from poor)

The things people find to waste money on are astounding--what really boggles me is how they convince anyone to buy a membership there.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:11 PM

It also says in the rules, not to talk to the "guards" unless absolutely necessary. They are probably trying to keep the lifeguards from being distracted, but if I paid over $2,000 to go swimming, I would talk to anyone I darn well pleased! I also pictured said "guards" dressed up like the guard at the Palace in Britain. Only guarding a swimming pool. That was awesome.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 AM

2,139 posts, read 5,488,436 times
Well, you saw that all but $100 is returned to you (besides the annual fees) when you 'sell.' What isn't clear is whether you can sell back to the collective, or if you have to sell on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs