U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,460,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_hug99 View Post
If it is going to snow, I hope it is enough to close school. Otherwise the students will be CA-RAZY!!
These days it seems like it just takes a few flurries to close the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 AM

843 posts, read 1,254,510 times
Rosie, I heard the opposite. Indications show that we will have a year very similar to last year.

I don't have a snowblower and I don't think I'll ever get one. A broom works just fine for me. I do live downtown, though, and we don't get a ton of snow, and the snow we do get is very light and fluffy.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 AM

31 posts, read 54,183 times
We're making our move from Texas this weekend - my husband is already in Colorado. But I had to remind him to buy a snow shovel and leave it in the garage of the new house, and to make sure there's a scraper in his rental car!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM

154 posts, read 374,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallastoCO View Post
We're making our move from Texas this weekend - my husband is already in Colorado. But I had to remind him to buy a snow shovel and leave it in the garage of the new house, and to make sure there's a scraper in his rental car!
AND food for 2 days!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,933,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post

I don't have a snowblower and I don't think I'll ever get one. A broom works just fine for me. I do live downtown, though, and we don't get a ton of snow, and the snow we do get is very light and fluffy.
We have a snow blower, mainly due to a driveway that is over 200 feet long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
These days it seems like it just takes a few flurries to close the schools.
I've been here for over three years now and I've gone to school in horrid conditions and then have had school be closed when we could have easily gone in and come home.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM

Definetely need a blower for that!!

Glad that the schools didn't do a pre-emptive closing like they did... twice? last year, that was silly. But sitting here at 4 sorta not wanting to drive home cause of the crazies out there. But alas I should just do it

Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,933,814 times
Thankfully the students weren't crazy today. But having indoor recess was hard for them.

Last year we had closings mainly due to extreme cold, I don't remember any days due to snow. Oh well, I'm hoping for a delay tomorrow. ;-)

Old 10-26-2011, 07:09 PM

I thought it was last year, it may have been two years ago, that the weather forecast was much like today's, and we had school out. I work in D49, though, and we close for anything sometimes :P

Old 10-26-2011, 10:24 PM

154 posts, read 374,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post
Definetely need a blower for that!!

Glad that the schools didn't do a pre-emptive closing like they did... twice? last year, that was silly. But sitting here at 4 sorta not wanting to drive home cause of the crazies out there. But alas I should just do it
No need for the snow blower today... but when you get stuck with 2 1/2 feet of heavy snow.. like we did 3 years ago on our driveway . then you will be just happy with that snow blower. But it sounds like that this does not happen where you live.

Glad that D20 made the right choice not to delay schools or close schools today.

Drove through Fox Park tonight.. and witnessed two very serious accidents! The snow today may not seem serious but the roads are icy out there.. and it will just go worse overnight. Watch out!

I am sure that snow blower will come in good use some time in the future

Old 10-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Status: "Snow in the high country and I'm missing it!" (set 5 hours ago)

4,677 posts, read 6,766,221 times
The snow in Colorado was all over the news here in Tucson today. Our local CBS station showed quite a bit of video from KCNC in Denver, and mentioned the power outages in the Denver area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs