Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:13 AM

964 posts, read 2,647,429 times

Advertisements

My husband and I went out last night for our anniversary and got some really great sushi at a place called "KURA." It is located on the corner of Research and Union in the Albertson's shopping center. The service was top notch, the portions generous, and the food tasted really fresh. I had something called a "Baked Bay California Roll" which is basically a California roll with lobster on top and topped with a combination of delicious sauces. It was one of the best tasting rolls I have ever had! We have also been to Jun's, another highly rated sushi restaurant, several times, but we definitely liked this place better. Also, no having to deal with the traffic on Academy Blvd. A must try for those sushi lovers on the North East side of town!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 10:39 AM

38 posts, read 326,378 times
Thanks! My girlfriend is a sushi fan and when we moved out here she could find few that she liked. Will have to give it a shot. Well, I won't.... I got food poisoning from sushi the ONE time I tried it

Old 08-25-2007, 11:15 AM

9 posts, read 31,723 times
Wow that roll sounds so good! I am going to have to try that place out! Did the have a large selection of different kinds?

Old 08-25-2007, 02:52 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKlipfel View Post
Did the have a large selection of different kinds?
I've been there too. I think there were three different menus, almost too much choice. I think I saw an ad for them in the Gazette, something like a "Sushi Happy Hour" from 5-6:30. I would think there a deals, like two for one or something...???

Entertainment: SUSHI STARS, sushi, kura, fish - Gazette.com

Old 08-25-2007, 02:59 PM

964 posts, read 2,647,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKlipfel View Post
Wow that roll sounds so good! I am going to have to try that place out! Did the have a large selection of different kinds?
They have a HUGE selection of specialty rolls, probably the best I have seen yet. They also have a nice variety of traditional Japanese dishes i.e. tempura, teryaki, udon soup, etc.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:43 AM

19 posts, read 69,893 times
Default Sushi and Internet

Hey all,

The wife and I are going to be visiting Colorado springs for several days on a road trip we're doing (seeing friends in Montrose as well) during the first week of June and scouting out areas to live when we move in approx 1 year. We're probably going to end up in Peyton so we can have some property, and there are two very important things to us.. Sushi and Internet. We realize Peyton probably won't have a sushi resturaunt and thats okay (if it does please let me know! hah), though our hotel is on colorado springs and if anybody knows of a really good one PLEASE let me know. Also, internet is something we can't live without. Could someone tell me if there are any decent high speed internet services available in the Peyton area? Thanks.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:57 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,976 times
AI is a good Sushi restaurant in COS. It is off of Powers Blvd. by the movie theatre called Tinseltown. In that same shoppette? is Old Chicago and Rock Bottom. Rock Bottom has a good Ahi Tuna plate.

As far as internet...not sure but, I would think if Bresnan Communications or Comcast is the cable provider,..they might have internet out there. If not, maybe Qwest (the phone company) might have it too. I'd google all of those and put in the area to see what is available.

Enjoy your trip out here and.....if you are going to Montrose to see someone..talk them into taking you a few miles south to Ouray. Not only is it probably the most beautiful place in Colorado....they have a Sushi Restaurant there....complete with red leather couches for seating!!!! Just Go!! You won't be sorry!!!!!!!!

Oh Yeah, don't forget to take lots of pictures!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:03 PM

149 posts, read 323,037 times
Default Peyton Internet

You alson might try Falcon Broadband - Falcon Broadband, Inc. - Home

Old 05-18-2008, 04:20 PM

180 posts, read 1,187,194 times
For internet, read this:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/color...-internet.html

Old 05-18-2008, 08:41 PM

19 posts, read 69,893 times
Default Internet

Ok. So does anybody here actually leave in Peyton and know if high speed inet is available? If anybody does and they can chime in I'd appreciate it, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs