U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 PM

842 posts, read 1,250,396 times

Advertisements

It was the Knolls but I lived there about nine years ago... I personally didn't like the layout of the apartments (unused space in hallways, for example!). We moved to be in a better place as right when we moved they were one of the only ones that allowed pit bulls, and I was tired of walking by pit bulls, seemingly trained to be attackers (as I know some are very awesome pets!), lunging at me and my newborn on a heavy gauge chain :P

But when we moved they said that they were changing their policy, and it was nine years ago.

The Knolls are right by a very nice shopping complex with a grocery store, pizza, ENT credit union, dollar store, walgreens, I could go on forever.

I'd check it out They recently did a upgrade. Recently as within the past five years!

I adore Old Colorado City, and the best way to know your comfort level is to come out and see it!

There are some more expensive apartments up on Fillmore near Coronado HS as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 PM

2,866 posts, read 7,101,260 times
None of the Zipcodes you gave, with the exception of 80904, are on the the west side. West side children generally go to D-11 schools, not D20. If you'd like D20, you need to look on the north-northeast side of town.

My father lives in the 80904 area. Older houses, but still very nice and relatively low crime. This is the Old Colorado City Area.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:04 AM

9,823 posts, read 6,291,602 times
There is actually a part of the West side that is north-ish, up around Ute Valley Park and north towards the Academy grounds...that whole chunk is D20. Then there is a piece that's D11, and further south it's D12. All west of I 25. However, it might be that locals know different areas by different demarcations. For those of us looking at a map who have never visited, we would think that anything west of the highway is "West" as opposed to "North"...even if it is also towards the North... And that area I mentioned before is very attractive. I've been lurking around online monitoring properties for rent near both Ute Valley Park and Garden of the Gods, for weeks.

I think the only zip the OP mentioned that has no part of it on the west side of 25, would be 80918...? The zips I search for homes to the west yet still in CoS and not Manitou have been 80904, 80905, 80907, and 80919...but not all parts of these zips are suitable of course, still have to check out a map.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,267,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post
It was the Knolls but I lived there about nine years ago... I personally didn't like the layout of the apartments (unused space in hallways, for example!). We moved to be in a better place as right when we moved they were one of the only ones that allowed pit bulls, and I was tired of walking by pit bulls, seemingly trained to be attackers (as I know some are very awesome pets!), lunging at me and my newborn on a heavy gauge chain :P

But when we moved they said that they were changing their policy, and it was nine years ago.

The Knolls are right by a very nice shopping complex with a grocery store, pizza, ENT credit union, dollar store, walgreens, I could go on forever.

I'd check it out They recently did a upgrade. Recently as within the past five years!

I adore Old Colorado City, and the best way to know your comfort level is to come out and see it!

There are some more expensive apartments up on Fillmore near Coronado HS as well.

If anyone still wants to know, those apartments are now called "The Knolls at Sweetgrass".

Agree with Holly that this is a good complex when it comes to amenities nearby! I lived in 80904 and I can't recall any other decent-looking complexes nearby...Mountain Shadows might be a good option? (not sure the ZIP there) If 80919 is still in the mix, I lived in Grand Centennial and had no complaints.

Overall, when it comes to Co Spgs, the west side is the best side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
There is actually a part of the West side that is north-ish, up around Ute Valley Park and north towards the Academy grounds...that whole chunk is D20. Then there is a piece that's D11, and further south it's D12. All west of I 25. However, it might be that locals know different areas by different demarcations. For those of us looking at a map who have never visited, we would think that anything west of the highway is "West" as opposed to "North"...even if it is also towards the North... And that area I mentioned before is very attractive. I've been lurking around online monitoring properties for rent near both Ute Valley Park and Garden of the Gods, for weeks.

I think the only zip the OP mentioned that has no part of it on the west side of 25, would be 80918...? The zips I search for homes to the west yet still in CoS and not Manitou have been 80904, 80905, 80907, and 80919...but not all parts of these zips are suitable of course, still have to check out a map.
I lived in COS for 15 years and everything west of I-25 was considered west. I never knew anyone who referred to northwest areas like Rockrimmon or Peregrine as "north". Then again, that might depend on where one lives in the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or