U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:06 PM

19,002 posts, read 8,921,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
I can't believe Wendy's bought the place and is thinking of going franchise with it. They have good food, but it's nothing spectacular enough to warrant that kind of response lol
Do you think maybe it's part of this evolution on fast food restaurants where they are trying to portray that fast food doesn't necessarily mean "bare bones" environment? I've been in a few McDonalds -- particularly the McCafes -- where, while not plush, things are certainly more upscale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 12:17 PM

2,867 posts, read 7,105,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Do you think maybe it's part of this evolution on fast food restaurants where they are trying to portray that fast food doesn't necessarily mean "bare bones" environment? I've been in a few McDonalds -- particularly the McCafes -- where, while not plush, things are certainly more upscale.
I agree, I think the Woodland Park McDonalds is as nice as a regular sit down restaruant. They have wi-fi and leave the TV on on Fox news. Love it there.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:08 PM

12,104 posts, read 20,376,103 times
Quote:
I agree, I think the Woodland Park McDonalds is as nice as a regular sit down restaruant. They have wi-fi and leave the TV on on Fox news. Love it there.
They defiantly know their audience. Have to give them props for that.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
They defiantly know their audience. Have to give them props for that.
Hmmmmmmmm...didn't know the corporation was defiant!

Old 12-21-2013, 04:05 PM

20,329 posts, read 37,847,549 times
Mall was understandably busy yesterday.

We were there for a movie at the new Carmike 13 cinema that opened Thursday (12-19-13). Very nice theater. They tore down both the old Carmike theaters and the K-Mart which were in that end of the mall. News article here.

Buy tickets at the concession stand or ticket booth. Stadium style with rocker seats. Arm rests fold totally away if not needed. Good sound systems. Unusual drink dispensers, have at least 20 selections, push a button for your preference then put cup under the single spout.

Only drawback is in the Men's room as there is only ONE paper towel dispenser, which you have to pump for a towel, and no air driers. I don't get this at all.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:01 PM

651 posts, read 705,669 times
I order everything I can online. free shipping in most cases and I don't have to pay any taxes. I also save on gas, and possible accidents going to and from, it is also faster and easier. A lot of items are also cheaper online and I spend a lot less time shopping. Hell yea!

Anyway, not a big fan of the malls except for possibly exchanging a craftsman tool I broke or something like that.

I would be a bigger fan of shopping around here if they removed all the taxes.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:07 PM

20,329 posts, read 37,847,549 times
Default Goodbye to Malls - - An Autopsy of America

So, speaking of malls, here's a piece today in Bloomberg on the death of the mall. There's even a dead malls facebook group, kind of like the urban exploration genre.

I would not count out shopping malls yet; some will leave, but I've seen whole chains of big box stores come and go too (recall "Builder's Square" and "Pace" warehouse club, etc).

With some creativity the ownership may restore the old vibrancy and my hunch is it will take something other than retail shopping as there are too many stores in the country, plus online shopping continues to rise and clobber brick and mortar stores. Perhaps a large gym like LifeTime Fitness or Villa Sport, plus some higher end eateries, indoor putt putt golf and ??? to complement the recently opened movies. Malls that are all stores, just stores, and a plastic food court are rather one-dimensional and most likely doomed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
So, speaking of malls, here's a piece today in Bloomberg on the death of the mall. There's even a dead malls facebook group, kind of like the urban exploration genre.

I would not count out shopping malls yet; some will leave, but I've seen whole chains of big box stores come and go too (recall "Builder's Square" and "Pace" warehouse club, etc).

With some creativity the ownership may restore the old vibrancy and my hunch is it will take something other than retail shopping as there are too many stores in the country, plus online shopping continues to rise and clobber brick and mortar stores. Perhaps a large gym like LifeTime Fitness or Villa Sport, plus some higher end eateries, indoor putt putt golf and ??? to complement the recently opened movies. Malls that are all stores, just stores, and a plastic food court are rather one-dimensional and most likely doomed.
I read a similar article recently, but it said the idea that malls are done for is wrong, that many are thriving. It laid the blame at the feet of the steep recession, and said that it was malls that were weak to begin with that failed...not the healthy ones.

I began getting Windows messages 2 days ago that my hard drive was in imminent risk of failing. So I decided to look at what they had at Best Buy and Staples and Office Max. Although I rather expected I would be ordering online. Sure enough, their selections were pathetic, and the salesman at Best Buy even said, "You might be better buying online." I told him, "I don't think that's what you're supposed to say!" But that is a huge problem in retail now. Same with shopping for clothes and shoes. I either have to go to Park Meadows or online to find what I really want in the right size. The brick and mortar stores have shot themselves in the foot.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:56 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,538,758 times
Quote:
What else would a thinking person watch?

Old 07-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What else would a thinking person watch?
anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs