U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 11:47 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,619,808 times

Advertisements

Works for me!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 01:20 PM

486 posts, read 1,235,368 times
What's the latest with "Live it Up"?

Is it a done deal or will the city be open to changing it despite the gigantic fee they paid for that?

Someone suggested "American the Beautiful Starts Here" - that is a fantastic idea for a tag-line for Colorado Springs. It really encapsulates the history, geography and spirit of CS and those two things will endure, unlike the USOC or military (which are very important to CS) but could come and go with time and economic downturns.

I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks now after reading this thread and America The Beautiful Starts Here is the one phrase that absolutely sticks in my head. And it is a really unique claim to fame for the Pikes Peak Region (referring literally to the song that was written & inspired there).

"Live it Up!" is young and hip but too common. Another version of "Just Do It". You can do WAY better than that Colorado Springs!!

Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 AM

1,894 posts, read 1,133,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesamekid View Post
What's the latest with "Live it Up"?
I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks now after reading this thread and America The Beautiful Starts Here is the one phrase that absolutely sticks in my head. And it is a really unique claim to fame for the Pikes Peak Region (referring literally to the song that was written & inspired there).

"Live it Up!" is young and hip but too common. Another version of "Just Do It". You can do WAY better than that Colorado Springs!!
Was it Mike that suggested "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL STARTS HERE?" Hope the powers that be read "City Data," seems like this site would be a great tool for city planners...............hmmm."

How about, "LIVE IT UP, AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL STARTS HERE."

Happy Holiday Season!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:31 AM

486 posts, read 1,235,368 times
Yes it was Mike From Back East who suggested "America The Beautiful Starts Here"

Mike, you should contact the Independent with your idea - I hear they are having a contest to come up with something better than "Live it up"

Old 12-09-2011, 10:13 AM

18,902 posts, read 8,878,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post

How about, "LIVE IT UP, AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL STARTS HERE."
I like that.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:09 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,266,048 times
Quote:
Yes it was Mike From Back East who suggested "America The Beautiful Starts Here"

Mike, you should contact the Independent with your idea - I hear they are having a contest to come up with something better than "Live it up"
Bravo. Just saying that slogan aloud makes me puff up with pride in being from CoS. It's a true statement to boot!

Old 12-09-2011, 11:34 AM

20,308 posts, read 37,804,669 times
Quote:

Y'all can claim it and put it on the Indy if you wish, no problem from me.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM

727 posts, read 1,135,392 times
OK Mike. I just it in. You'll get the credit if it wins.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:30 PM

1,742 posts, read 2,619,808 times
Then Mike will throw a big party for all of us !!!

Old 12-09-2011, 12:40 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,804,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Then Mike will throw a big party for all of us !!!
Hell, just the bar tab with this crowd will ruin me!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or