Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:28 PM

251 posts, read 572,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdensbcs View Post
Indeed. I prefer to think of it as "satire" rather than "sarcasm," though it's possible I lack the mental firepower to properly grasp the distinction. I have, after all, lived in the Springs for almost ten years now and have likely become as emotionally-dead as everybody else around here.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 AM

67 posts, read 159,462 times
I think you will flourish in the Springs. You will find that it is a MUCH friendlier way of life than the east coast. I recently moved to the east coast from Woodland Park and can't believe the broad contempt ppl have for one another here. Never knew such hatred that I have seen here between strangers on the street. I live in the south but spent last summer traveling up and down the east coast sight seeing and found not much different between Camden ME to Key West, FL. I have already planned my move back next July.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:44 PM

29 posts, read 211,443 times
I agree with most of the posters here; the area of town you live in dictates the social atmosphere more than anything else. It seems to me that more of the conservative, political crowd tend to live in the suburbs to the east of the city, whereas the downtown and west-side neighborhoods tend to be more liberal. Don't let things like Focus on the Family and New Life Church scare you away, they really are quite easy to ignore. I also come from the Baltimore / Washington area, I grew up in Rockville, Olney and Adams Morgan - there are certainly a lot of things I miss about being in a big city, but there are a lot of great things that are appealing about the Springs as well: Little to no traffic, our incredible geographic setting, proximity to ski/snowboard resorts, incredible climate, etc. I had traveled through every state in the Continental US by the age of 21 and would consider Colorado one of the only 5 or so regions I would ever live.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,482 times
Everything you say about Maine is why I would rather live there than Colorado Springs. I have lived here all my life and it was at one time a nice place. It is so crowded with traffic now. I've never had a job that I really liked. It's downright drab in the winter. I'm so bored with this place. The restaurants are mediocre. On the upside, we do have some good live theatre and Colorado College has some good events and we have some good classical music groups. Summers are nice for biking, hiking, etc.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
Default hard working, keep to yourself, own a big house and pay as few taxes as possible types of people.

like, that's a bad thing??? Sounds good to me. It is almost impossible to find a great place to live in the US that hasn't been taken over by liberals. Hey, I think we conservatives deserve at least one beautiful place!

Talk about being brain dead, I live in SoCal and people can't even express an opinion here...it's just not healthy.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:04 PM

727 posts, read 1,366,178 times
Let's see...Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, just about anywhere in the Midwest, Alaska, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, and the list goes on. Oh, and in SoCal, did you forget Orange County, just about as conservative a place as you can imagine? Take a look at the political map. Liberals are concentrated in the Northeast states and the far West (and only portions of the far Western states). You need to get out more.

Oh wait. You were referring to the beautiful places. Are you saying that, except for COS, conservatives just live in the ugly areas? Hmmm.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,405 times
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdavey View Post
I wasn't trying to be "fair." It's just my observation.
This place is very quiet, with lots of church goers who keep to them selves and maintain traditional lifestyles. Denver, for example has sports stadiums, a huge downtown, college craziness, thousands of young people partying, sports cars, rock concerts, etc. Not to mention the abundance of parks and outdoor activities there. Here you've got big conservative pissed off cowboy types driving their F-350's to the ranch with "Nobama" stickers. Oh boy.

That concerns me a bit, (the pissed-off cowboys I mean). Are they intelligent enough to be pissed-off at just their President, or are they of the mind-set that everybody who may resemble him should take the brundt of their anger too?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
They may have the stickers, but in day-to-day life, they treat everyone civilly and usually keep politics to themselves in the typical interactions you're likely to experience. They're not taking their anger out in any sort of irresponsible way as far as I can see - except for maybe showing up in large numbers at gun shows and making the security check for gun-buying backed-logged - if you could call that irresponsible, which I personally don't at all. I say this as someone who votes the other way most of the time, so yes, I get tired of seeing those stickers, but I believe in the right to free speech as much as the next guy.

Last edited by otowi; 01-14-2013 at 05:31 PM..

Old 07-08-2013, 08:07 PM

69 posts, read 65,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Very bad decision, you will die instantly upon arrival.
Oh man that was funny; I couldn't help but laugh...

I mean, uh.. yes, you will probably end up torn apart by wild animals, probably by the squirrels in the park. Or possibly by the wild raging aardvarks that roam the streets looking the for the tender flesh of New England natives.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

Old 09-20-2021, 09:28 AM

1,950 posts, read 2,297,831 times
hey, remember when lots of young people wanted to move to COS ? now that NO ONE can afford it where are they moving to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs