U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,511 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are moving to Colorado Springs in January. His office will be in the Broadmoor. In addition to his weekday 9 - 5 schedule, he may need to pop in and out on evenings and weekends. We'd like to live close enough for an easy commute, and rent a house for the first year.

We drove around exploring the area and liked Skyway best. I found it to be quiet, people waved, lots of wildlife and loved the hiking trails. However I'm worried about finding a house in this short amount of time. Is there another neighborhood I might be missing? Safety and low crime is my number one priority.

We looked in Manitou Springs and while I did like it, we don't feel it's for us because we'd love a large backyard. There were some nice homes off of Cheyenne Mountain Blvd but from what I saw it was more small streets off of the main street and we'd love more of a neighborhood.

Those hiking trails in Skyway are just calling me! Anything else like it around?

Thank you! What I've read on these boards so far has been so helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 11:34 AM

20,301 posts, read 37,784,136 times
Check ppar.com for rentals.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM

924 posts, read 1,030,423 times
Unless you're living in the extreme east and north of the Springs (and even there you'll find access to hiking) - hiking trails abound all over the Pikes Peak region, so I wouldn't worry about making this an issue with finding a place. Wherever your location, you're never very far away from wonderful trails and open space. Truly.

If you like neighborhoods, you might want to look at Old Colorado City (the historic westside of CS). Do a search on these forums for OCC and you'll find lots of info. The area near and around the Broadmoor has plenty of neighborhoods, not just small streets ... Cheyenne Canyon and Skyway are two of your best bets. There are rentals in Manitou with yards, though I admit they might be hard to come by.

Good Luck!

Old 12-13-2011, 02:29 PM

727 posts, read 1,134,823 times
There are a bunch of nice neighborhoods in the Broadmoor area, including the area known as Old Broadmoor, and others with Broadmoor in their name. Check out the areas on both sides of Star Ranch Road (prices rise with elevation and the closer you get to the Broadmoor Resort), but you can find nice homes near Star Ranch, particular on the south side that should rent for reasonable amounts. If you liked Manitou, check out the Crystal Hills area. It's an area on the eastern side of Manitou and has houses of the same era as Skyway, with larger yards than you find in Manitou proper. Agree w/Mtngigi, you'll never be far from trails. They're all over the area. I live downtown in the Old North End (which you might also check out if you like older homes in a great neighborhood setting with proximity to downtown) and am exactly one block from Monument Valley Park with loads of walking and bike trails that link to many others throughout the CS area.

If you're willing to commute a bit farther, but still want to be on the West side of I-25, you might check out the Rockrimmon area. Lots nice established suburban homes with good size yards and access to parks and trails.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:54 PM

5,003 posts, read 6,678,903 times
If you want newer construction, you might like Broadmoor Bluffs - if you can afford Skyway, you should be able to afford it.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,511 times
We've been travelling and I haven't been able to thank you! We have to decide this week and there aren't as many choices as I'd like but it will all work out as it should... THANK YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs