U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 01:28 AM

35 posts, read 114,356 times

Advertisements

Hello hopefully future neighbors!!! My wife and I are thinking of making a move to the area! I am getting my real estate license beginning of January and it will be good in colorado. I will do most of my training and learning the ropes here where I am familiar with the area. My license will be good in Colorado and there is a much better opportunity there! My question mostly is how do y'all think an agent with no experience in the area would do there? Is the market flooded with agents already, any room for a new one? I have a deep southern accent that I think would help me out a little, I get a lot of comments on it when I'm out of town!!! What are some of the top brokers in the area? Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 12:32 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,740,027 times
Real Estate is a tough way to make your living at the moment. If I were in your shoes, I would contact USAA and see if you could get involved with their programs. They'll require you to take a smaller commission so they can kick some back to their members, but they can produce customers. When you are new the ability to have a reliable stream of customers is a huge factor in making it, or failing. Until your business is strongly built, you should expect the income from working in real estate to be fairly low, but the cost of living here isn't particularly high. Given the current market, you may also want to study on how to close properties that are on short sale status. Learn quickly and help a buyer get one done--even if you don't make money on it. Then advertise to potential buyers that you have experience SUCCESSFULLY closing a short sale. Since many buyers are looking for those short sales or foreclosures, there will be a preference for a real estate agent who has actually succeeded. Personally, if I'm going to make an offer on a short sale, I would be much more inclined to get an agent who had done it before and succeeded, otherwise I have no way of knowing if you can do it.

Remember, all customers are different. What some like, others might not. Some customers want commentary on houses they are looking at, others just want a driver who can open the door for them to look around. It's ideal if you can find out what they want from you as quickly as possible.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 PM

35 posts, read 114,356 times
Thanks for the awesome post! Some valuable info in there. I will look into USAA and definitely read up more on short sales. I'm hoping this is going to be a good career change for me, I will always have a construction trade to fall back to if need be! I'm just wandering if moving to a new area early in my career or just learn the ropes in a familiar place for a year or so..... soo many options! A good thing for me though I have a rather large rv, that I used while working the roads, that I would have no problem staying in while getting on my feet in COS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs