U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM

50 posts, read 65,809 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and i will be moving to the springs area at the end of february, and will need to have a house already lined up for when we get there. I need to find out if theres any company we can contact to help us with this? Someone who will take the time to find homes, take pictures, and video for us so that we can find a home. If anyone can help please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 PM

20,321 posts, read 37,832,470 times
I don't know of any source with videos of rentals; the rental market is vastly different from the home sale market and their methods.

Best I can tell you is to try ppar.com and use the Search for Rentals button. It's an easy to use site and you can self-teach yourself to use the map-based search and other tools.

Also look at padmapper.com which also has an excellent map based search tool. A lot of it's properties are listed in craigslist.com and if you use one of the craigslist ads, be sure to read and heed the warnings as there are a lot of scams in CL rentals, as in most parts of CL.

Never had anyone on here ask for videos of rentals, is there something specific you have to have or wish to avoid?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:54 AM

just want to make sure the house is what we want. the house were in now has many problems and we actually got to visit it before renting it. we just dont want to get stuck in a place for 6months to a yr and have problems like we do here. its a big enough leap to rent without visiting so thats why we'd like video as well as pics.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,196,695 times
ppar.com and clink on the rental link

Old 01-05-2012, 08:42 PM

i tried using ppar.com but it doesnt have any listings. put in basic information and nothing available.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM

727 posts, read 1,136,222 times
Promise - I tried a couple of minutes ago, but my parameters were too narrow, and like you, I got no listings. I tried again, by clicking on the widest parameters, and got 10+ pages of listings, so many that I was prompted to narrow my parameters. Suggest you try again. Believe me, there are plenty of listings to choose from.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 AM

189 posts, read 701,032 times
Stay away from Vicky Baker and Dancing Star Realty at ALL costs!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 PM

103 posts, read 430,610 times
I agree with the above poster! Wondering what your experience with Dancing Star was??

Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 PM

189 posts, read 701,032 times
Direct message sent to you CAtoCO.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:27 PM

93 posts, read 278,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by promise44 View Post
i tried using ppar.com but it doesnt have any listings. put in basic information and nothing available.
Not sure if this source was mentioned already, but you might try this web site as well...

militarybyowner.com

It has a decent amount of options to look at (most with plenty of pics and detailed information). You do not need to be military to use it. With all the military in the area, there is plenty of options available...and it changes often.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs