U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,502,583 times

Advertisements

1. Which of the following would you most likely frequent?
b. café/bistro

2. In your opinion, which of the following business types are most successful in the “downtown” areas of Colorado Springs?
a. bars/restaurants

3. What do you look for FIRST when trying out a newly opened business?
c. quality of goods

4. What kind of new businesses would you like to see in downtown Colorado Springs / Old Colorado City?
Locally produced foods, drinks, arts, crafts etc. Emphasis on ethically produced goods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,086 times
Thank you to everyone, your input has been taken in to strong consideration. Be sure to look out and respond to the newest market research mini survey!

Old 05-24-2012, 04:27 PM

35 posts, read 60,999 times
I don't live here yet, but will be there in two weeks. This is what I would like to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizBuzzWhiz View Post
Focused Answer Questions

Probably a coffee shop. I buy my books on kindle.

2. In your opinion, which of the following business types are most successful in the “downtown” areas of Colorado Springs?

Will be bars/restaurants for me

Quality of goods followed closely by good customer service

Open Ended Questions

4. What kind of new businesses would you like to see in downtown Colorado Springs / Old Colorado City?

TRADER JOE'S!!!! I am so disappointed there isn't one!

5. What kind of businesses does Colorado Springs / Old Colorado City need, or need MORE of?

Trader Joe's as mentioned

6. Additional thoughts? Concerns? Ideas?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:50 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,730,386 times
Quote:
Focused Answer Questions

E. None of the above would likely generate more than 15 dollars per year from me.

a. bars/restaurants

E. Value. Quality to price ratio. How was this not an option?

Open Ended Questions

Costco / Lowes / Sams club / Regional centers for high tech (not call center) jobs

5. What kind of businesses does Colorado Springs / Old Colorado City need, or need MORE of?

Labor intensive businesses that drive up the employment rate. I wouldn't mind seeing some manufacturing or power related jobs come to the region.

Businesses that sell over priced junk have survived surprisingly well. So have liquor stores. There is a very low "live adult entertainment" to liquor store ratio. I don't know what to make of that, but I found it very interesting.

If you could get government contracts to repair the roads, there are plenty of roads that could use work. Have you considered setting up a wireless internet network that would span the entire city? Some cities have this already and it seems the Springs might be large enough to do it. The more competition the better since prices are still very high compared to the global markets--even if they are relatively tame compared to other markets in the US.

If you could make a business out of cleaning up the bad areas, that would be very appealing. I haven't a clue how you would do it, but I'd love to see that.
Answers edited into original quote.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 PM

2,867 posts, read 7,119,271 times
Quote:
Focused Answer Questions

a. coffee house b café/bistro c. bookstore d. casual lounge

a. bars/restaurants b. bistros/ café/coffee houses c. specialty shops (chocolate, cigars, etc.) d. live entertainment / art galleries

a. customer service b. atmosphere/aesthetics c. quality of good d. an interesting concept

Open Ended Questions

None of the above. How about a Motocross track/Gun Range/Gentelman's club? Wait...I think Dragon Man's has 2 of those covered...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs