Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 PM

56 posts, read 115,486 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any helpful advice on locating a really good and super clean tattoo shop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 AM

35 posts, read 70,382 times
My husband uses Skin Evolution. They're on Bijou downtown.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:41 PM

5 posts, read 14,502 times
Red face Good tattoo parlors?

Hey everyone,

I am really contemplating getting a tattoo. However I am new to the area so don't know many people. Therefore I don't have any one else to ask this question of. What are some good places around here to get a tattoo? I obviously want someplace sanitary, friendly, and good with people who are getting a tattoo for the first time.

Thanks a bunch.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,939,856 times
Go to RUTatooed. Ask for Chicago. He does excellent work....a true artist. I just got a new one from him on Saturday. He has a gallery on his tab so you can see what I mean.A real nice guy and will talk you through the whole process. If you want something special, then bring him a drawing, he'll fix it up and get you exactly what you want.

RU-TATTOOED?

Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,351,647 times
You can't beat West Side Tattoo on Colorado Ave. Very clean, professional and have some of the best artists in Colorado.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:58 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,068,818 times
Academy Star Tatoo on North Academy...ask for Cam ( he is awesome!!!)

Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 AM

20,252 posts, read 14,487,901 times
Default Tattoos in Colorado Springs

So, as some of you know, my family moved here last December (thanks again for all of the wonderful conversation and advice leading up to that, you guys really helped me feel like I wasn't jumping right out into thin air and total unknowns...)

My husband and I are into getting tattoos, and I recently decided on a portrait to commemorate a very dear relative who had passed. I had a picture of my Great Aunt, taken back in the 40's or 50's, a real classy and classic sort of thing, just lovely. But portrait work can be tricky...needs a very skilled tattoo artist to come out right, it's easy to mess up and nothing is worse when that happens. I read and heard a lot of hype about West Side Tattoo, but it's very much out of the way for me so I looked at portfolios online and decided to chance it with a place between my home and work, Aliza Tattoo at the corner of Powers and Palmer Park, north of the Walmart there. I just want to put out there that the guy who did my ink, Jeremy Witherspoon, is very talented. Perusing the portfolios of other artists under that roof, they are all incredibly talented, many have won awards and have been featured in magazines. They were all very friendly and it was just a pleasure interacting with them. And of course the shop was perfectly clean and the standards of sterility and everything were well in order. My piece is so nice in fact, that Jeremy wants me to go to some kind of biker expo thing downtown in a couple of weeks and be his contest entry for the black & grey category...and I just might!

I know tattoos aren't for everyone, if it's not your thing that's cool, but since they are becoming more popular and accepted I thought I'd put in a good word for these guys, they deserve it. (Especially since the leadership down at Fort Carson is trying to tell soldiers not to get ink in CoS because none of the artists here are any good...which is baloney!! If they don't want soldiers getting tattoos, for reasons of their own, that's different...but they need not knock these talented professionals!)

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all are having a good day. My leg hurts. XD

Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,075,734 times
I would strongly recommend waiting a few weeks and looking for people with tattoos that you like. Ask each of them. If you see a terrible tattoo, ask them also. You'll learn which places are good. (If the tattoo sucks, don't tell them that is why you are asking)

Old 06-21-2012, 01:44 PM

97 posts, read 245,583 times
I second the vote for West Side Tattoo; they've got some really great artists there and the shop is very clean. I've had work done by Mike Garcia; here's a link to his portfolio:

Mike Garcia - Artist | West Side Tattoo - Colorado Springs Premier Custom Tattoo Shop - Powered by Clvr.Tv

Look at lots and lots of portfolios; take your time and really see whose art draws you, then call them and go in for a consult.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM

20,252 posts, read 14,487,901 times
Well, the OP is an old conversation asking for advice...and I already got my work done. I was just wanting to say that West Side isn't the ONLY great shop in town. Aliza is pretty awesome, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs