Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 03:03 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times

Advertisements

This is getting entirely too personal.... the topic of the thread is

most affordable homes in Colorado

Please stick to discussing the topic and not each other - thanks!

forum rules, please read them

Old 11-14-2008, 05:20 PM

58 posts, read 166,775 times
This reminds me of a guy who I worked with a few years ago who moved here from California with his family. They bought a house in the broadmoor bluffs area... nice, big house next to Cheyenne Mountain, scrub oak, pine trees, all of that... and we gave him hassle for being rich. He was thoroughly offended by the implication. The point is, this town pays notoriously low wages... and the standard of living is different here because of it. We make less, we pay less.

I only paid 110k for my house. I didn't buy it as an investment, I bought it as a home, and while I did take on debt, its comfortably within my price range. I think its best to let each person decide what's best for themselves. Some look at a house as an investment. Some of us just look at it as a home.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 AM

52 posts, read 218,532 times
Native, thanks for a considerate explaination.

I realize you have low wages in CO. When I get there I hope to bump up the wages and offer a bi-annual bonus for my employees. I want to make sure they are happy and getting better wages than other restaurants are paying. Plus they will get tips.

I am not coming to CO to get rich off the local folks instead I want to be near my Army son who is serving his country with his second tour in Iraq. We are close and our family means everything so much so that we will move 1500 miles just to be together. Life is short why not take risks to have a better life.
I am looking forward to having COS neighbors and getting involved in the community as a volunteer.
I have already met some wonderful people and have joined a meetup site.

As far as the house prices, I understand that anything over $200,000 is too much. But it is a lot of things that caused the escalation including spending more that we need too. I am sure there are many who are happy with the low home prices but if you are trying to sell it is a different story.

See You soon in COS.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 AM

52 posts, read 218,532 times
I been Military so I know how hard it really is. My son is making that commitment for you....to keep America safe. He chose it not me. I would prefer him take another line of work.

So you think Real Estate profession is easy money?

Try getting sued by sue happy people a few times and lose because the judge feels like you do.
Real Estate is also property management and anyone in that line of work can be sued at anytime and lose everything. One of my tenants who was crazy burned down a rental I was managing. She was a real loser with no money (she got fake papers to get in). She burned the rental to the ground. The property owner did not sue her he sued us. We lost......just because the judge had a soft spot for the owner. How can we ever know who will burn a home down? You can't period.

These are the risks you must take everyday in Real Estate. An agent has constant stress to earn a living. It is not easy money as most think.

And yes, I know what trying to make a living consists of......I ate many beans growing up.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
I've been following house asking prices closely in COS for several years and have seen the relentless downward trend. This week, however, I noticed a faint but perceptible upward tick. The question is: are these higher asking prices reflecting actual sales or just wishful thinking based on the brigade's move into town? Are houses selling or still sitting unwanted? Am I so far off base expecting the bottom in 2010/11?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
About 75% of this thread is way off of the topic of COLO SPGS affordability, so I'm closing it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs