U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 AM

3 posts, read 3,985 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone just a quick question.... I'm moving to Colorado springs in February
I'm a 36 year old black male who dates mostly outside of my race. I live in a 2 bedroom
House in Indianapolis Indiana in a great area. Is it possible
To find the same thing there... I'm laid back do not get into the street
Life. Just wanting to know will I have any racial problems been
A single back male that dates outside his race... And are their jobs
Their that I can get to stay out of the homeless shelter... I'm looking at
500-750 in rent. Please help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 6,896,394 times
This is not an answer Devans but just a question. With so many beautiful Black Women around WHY would you want to date outside your own race? I am asking this not to be a wise ass but just curious. BTW I am a 65 year old White guy.
GL2

Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM

20,121 posts, read 37,344,157 times
There's a lot of mixed race dating, and marriage, in COLO SPGS, especially with tens of thousands of military personnel here with wives from all over the world.

There's is little racism here, or most anywhere in COLO, though it does exist.

Down side is that with so many healthy, single, male troops and aviators here there's fierce competition for dates.

Your rental price is bit low for something really decent here.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:44 PM

16,030 posts, read 19,896,289 times
Agreed. I make it down to the Springs every few months as I have sisters who lives south of Larkspur. One of them works near Chapel Hills Mall in the Springs. I grew up in the Springs as a kid-loved it!

When I shop in the Springs it's either the small shops in downtown Manitou, K-Mart on Fillmore and Nevada (yep, there are still K-Marts around) and the Citadel Mall on Academy. I see mixed couples frequently. The reason I mention Citadel is I frequent music shops and Independent Records have 2 stores next to each other, down the hill from the mall.. And I see couples in there a lot as they are selling off cd's all the time because their hitch w/ the military is up.

Not familiar with rentals in the Springs so Craigslist would be the way to go to scope out availability and price. Town paper is the Colorado Springs Gazette. Good luck!

Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM

4,881 posts, read 6,517,423 times
Widefield is a nice integrated community with lots of mixed- race families and just generally diverse. There are few apartment complexes and the ones that are here aren't ritzy, but they would be in your price range and the community is a very nice community. I think you can find a job if you're not picky about what kind of work it is and really get out there looking.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,060,483 times
I am an American Indian and yes I "look like one" - long black hair, brown skin and all. I am married to white woman (blond and fair). I have not come across any overt racism. Sometimes we get looks, but it always seems more of a "wow, an Indian" sort of fascination thing rather than "what is that Indian doing with one of our women" type of thing. That has happened a couple of times; you can see it in their eyes. It is the exception rather than the rule when it comes to looks and we really don't get looks that often. Nothing you wouldn't get in any other state and a lot less than you would get in some states.

Only once in the 12 years I've lived here has anything been said and it was some dirty redneck type who said as he passed by me, "Someone needs a haircut," to which I said "someone better be careful that I don't cut his hair." Oh and there was the guy at the grocery store who grabbed his daughter and held her close as I walked by with fear in his eyes. What did he think I was going to do: throw her onto my pony and take her back to camp to be a captive? Someone's been watching too many movies. Moron....sheez. These are the only two occurances of these types of behavior I've encountered in the twelve years I've lived here. So over over a span of 4383 days, that's pretty good! There are many multiracial couples here especially with the large military community so you should be fine.

As to rent, I have to echo Mike. That might be a bit low for some of the better places, but you'd have to check around. It's been a long time since I have been apartment or rental house hunting.

As to jobs, that kind of depends on what kind of thing you are looking for.

Last edited by Fullback32; 07-03-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Old 07-03-2012, 02:28 PM

4,881 posts, read 6,517,423 times
Fullback32, do you pave driveways by chance? If so, you gave me an estimate once years ago. Still haven't repaved....

Old 07-03-2012, 02:31 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,060,483 times
Nope...not me otowi. I'm a systems engineer and about as an unhandy man as I can be. I can design things but need others to make them work.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:03 PM

727 posts, read 1,122,938 times
Otowi - There's an outfit called Red Man Pours, a concrete contractor in COS, 231-4782. I've seen their truck and workers in my neighborhood. Their truck has a sign of an Native American on the door. Could this be who you're thinking of?

Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 3,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
This is not an answer Devans but just a question. With so many beautiful Black Women around WHY would you want to date outside your own race? I am asking this not to be a wise ass but just curious. BTW I am a 65 year old White guy.
GL2
Hey gun well no reason really...... Just grew up that way..my son is mixed.... Never thought about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs