U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 05:44 AM

2,866 posts, read 7,099,726 times

Advertisements

And of course, there were a few idiots who STILL defied the ban on personal fireworks and set them off anyway. I nearly got in a fist fight with some young guy up the street after we went over and politely reminded him of the 2 devastating wildfires we just had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 07:43 AM

1,894 posts, read 1,133,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
And of course, there were a few idiots who STILL defied the ban on personal fireworks and set them off anyway. I nearly got in a fist fight with some young guy up the street after we went over and politely reminded him of the 2 devastating wildfires we just had.
Some people must live under rocks. I heard local fireworks, also. The fires are so devastating and scary. I have always been afraid of fires. I was married to a fireman; brings it closer to home, I guess.

All of the loss of lives and property, is heart breaking.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:48 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,706,647 times
Ryan,

If you had beaten him, I wonder if the cops would've responded when they heard he instigated it by violating the ban. I imagine he would've had a very hard time filing a report. IMO, he was resisting a citizen's arrest

PS. The fireworks show put on by the skysox is great. I can watch it from deck.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:06 AM

20,310 posts, read 37,810,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
..... The fireworks show put on by the skysox is great. I can watch it from deck.
There's one last show at Skysox stadium tonight...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:27 PM

666 posts, read 988,685 times
I missed half the show trying to catch someone's dog who was running for his life from the memorial park show. It was really sad.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
I missed half the show trying to catch someone's dog who was running for his life from the memorial park show. It was really sad.
Same idiots who defied the ban, are the same idiots who bring animals, after being told no pets are allowed.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Same idiots who defied the ban, are the same idiots who bring animals, after being told no pets are allowed.
I don't think it was like that. I was 1.5 miles north of the park. I suppose it could have been, but we'll never know. Just wish I could have caught him. He had tags so someone was missing him.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 PM

I love dogs as much as the next guy, but some venues are not appropriate for animals. Leave them at home.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:07 PM

9,764 posts, read 6,282,029 times
It may have escaped a yard and was fleeing the noise, in terror. Not necessarily a dog someone actually took TO the fireworks. At least that's how I'm tracking what you said?

Hey that Memorial Park thing was a FIASCO. There didn't really seem to be a plan for the parking. Cops had every lot blocked off, we got there early to try and get parking before it became a zoo...and we drove all the way around the park in a circle...no, there was no open parking. So we wound up in a field behind a liquor store on Union. Then the cops also closed Union. They were not really directing cars to available parking, just standing there blocking paths you were not allowed to take. They also utterly failed to direct traffic OUT afterwards. It was a mess.

Then there was the bathroom situation. Bathrooms by the playground were closed. Ha, ha, parents of small kids! No bathroom for you! The sign on the door directed you to the north end of the lake, where port-a-potties were set up. But...they decided to barricade off that entire end of the park with fencing to keep people out, and weren't letting anyone in to use the potties. At all. By that point, if you obeyed the sign on the bathroom door to try and find them, you were on the exact opposite side of the lake from where (to the best of my knowledge) the ONLY open bathrooms were located, and you would need to walk all the way back down the east side of the lake, around the south end of it, to the west side by the yellow flower-thingie where MAYBE there was an open bathroom....with a 40 minute line to wait in to use it.

Fortunately we had no small children with us, and only my husband had to go. When he discovered the port a potty fence situation, he peed on a bush.

A cop we passed said they'd tried to call the company that leased the port-a-potties to come and drop off more down at the other end of the park, but they were closed due to the holiday.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM

The reason I think it was a dog that lived downtown is we were 1.5 north of the park and he came running by us not long after the show started. Again, we'll never know.

We heard the bathroom situation was pretty nuts. We were going to walk down there but the weather scared us. By the time we thought the weather was safe, we thought we wouldn't be able to find a place to put some chairs out. But I'm glad we didn't because we discovered there's a good clearing a couple blocks over and there's plenty of room to set up some chairs along the side of Shooks Run Trail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs