U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM

9,824 posts, read 6,301,009 times

Advertisements

LOL...yeah. When I was a kid, we still had our 70's furniture. You know what I'm talking about. The couches and chairs with that upholstery that had the brown, green, gold and orange flower pattern. My Dad had a weird mustache and there was a lot of polyester and corduroy in our lives. I don't think we really broke the grip of the 70's decor and styles, until the mid-late 80's.

By the time I started figuring out who I was and what I liked, it was 1995 and I was going "goth."

And just try living in a home with that shag carpet, if you have dust mite allergies. NOT fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM

727 posts, read 1,136,222 times
From what I can tell, Lindal makes a fine product and has excellent technical support (i.e., local contractors who are familiar with erecting and finishing their homes). Lindal purchased an old line log home company (Justus) a few years back, but a quick look at Lindal's website doesn't show they're doing log homes per se, only their various cedar sided post and beam homes that they're known for. They also have a new line of homes that are quite "Wrightian" in design.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Is it just me, or does that "Prairie Dream" design at their site look remarkably similar to the Beadle house? Wright/Asian influence, loads of cedar and glass...?

For me though, a lot of the magic in the Beadle house is in the outside of it. First of all, they took pictures after a rain. That is an excellent marketing strategy to list a home for sale, get pics of it with wet pavings and plants, but sun shining on it...and anyhow I loved how it looked tucked in the woods, even though I know it's in the heart of the city. And the brick pavements and ivy climbing the brick walls...just wonderful.

Gonna have to remember, get photos of any home I own on gorgeous sunny days when the plants are green. That way, even if I had to sell it in the winter, I'll have alluring photos to use in the listing.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 PM

727 posts, read 1,136,222 times
Sonic - The Lindal/Turkel design line is pretty similar from what I can tell. For a Wright design that's probably closer check out his Usonian homes. They were his attempt to design homes that the middle class could afford. They were supposed to cost about $15K when he came up with the design. But, back in the early '40's that was still about twice what a "middle class" house cost. Wright was never a budget kind of guy. I also see a lot of Falling Water, Wright's signature home design, on a much smaller scale in the Beadle house (flat roof, multiple cantilevered design elements).

For your pics, you don't have to wait 'til after it rains. Just turn the hose on the grounds, get everything wet, and snap away.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
For your pics, you don't have to wait 'til after it rains. Just turn the hose on the grounds, get everything wet, and snap away.
Indeed. I just find it a delightfully clever notion to tempt Colorado folk with the sight of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs