Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:11 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times

Advertisements

fall, winter, spring, summer & construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2006, 09:59 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
fall, winter, spring, summer & construction.
TRUE!

We lived in our new home since 02 Nov05. They built SFM's all around us the entire winter, never stopped, not even concrete work. Houses are now built and landscapers are striving to get sprinklers and plantings in before freeze comes.

Currently, there is work on a TH community up the street and just finished moving dirt and putting in deep utilities. They are pouring the concrete foundations for the THs, and I'm sure will work all winter, having these on the market for Spring 2007.

s/Mike

Old 10-03-2006, 03:08 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
Mike - I think he/she meant road construction. Which is not a season in itself IMO but a year long process up and down the Front Range as you know.

;-)

Old 10-03-2006, 08:42 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
Mike - I think he/she meant road construction. Which is not a season in itself IMO but a year long process up and down the Front Range as you know. ;-)
Yes, road construction too, and I'm glad of it. Back in northern VA they didn't build roads like they should've, but they let it grow greatly for 25 years. Now that's why they're gridlocked beyond belief, especially Fairfax County. That's why we're HERE, to get back our quality of life and the ability to go anywhere we want at anytime we want and not be stuck in horrendous traffic.

I know C-DOT isn't perfect, but they do a fine job overall. I recently had the occasion to drive over Berthoud Pass, and the work they've done the past couple of years on that rigorous piece of road is nothing short of world class. My hat is off to CDOT, Lawrence Construction, and the subs.

s/Mike

Old 10-14-2006, 02:47 AM

45 posts, read 334,431 times
Default Spring time

The biggest difference to me was the springs. In the winter (in Colorado Springs) you have fairly mild weather, not too cold and still very sunny. In the spring you get the weird stuff.

A friend of mine moved there from California. He wanted to grow a garden. The end of March he tilled the ground and planted several vegetables. By time they got nice a hard freeze hit. He managed to save part of them. Then a heavy wet snow hit. He managed to save an even smaller part. Finally he had a few pretty good sized plants when a hail storm came up and wiped out what was left. He decided he no longer wanted a garden.

My last year there we had sunny warm winter days. A storm stalled over the city and we got 36 inches of snow over night. We were trapped in the house for three days and within a week we had warm sunny winter days without a sight of snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs