Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 AM

69 posts, read 123,207 times

Advertisements

That is a really good point. We had the router and modem on so many spliced cable wires in the basement of this rental. Looked like a plate of spaghetti. Once we moved it, the outages are fewer and further between.

On a side note; anyone have any expierence with Baja or AWN for internet??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM

69 posts, read 123,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
800-934-6489

The nice lady I talked to was Nina.

Awesome, thanks!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,466,277 times
Comcast does seem to have some issues - especially when I moved from NM to CO. Centurylink is fine.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 AM

7 posts, read 26,452 times
Thanks for the input Sonic. Could you comment on which tier internet plan you have with Comcast?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM

20,360 posts, read 14,632,606 times
Hm. Went looking for info on that, all I could find is "Performance Internet Svc Includes Powerboost." I have no idea what that means lol!

In our household, all that matters is that 2 computers running shooters or RPG's, a TV streaming Netflix, a PS3 and an Xbox with online gaming, and maybe a cell phone or two on Facebook can all operate simultanaously with no one yelling about "lag."

We bundle our services, we've got HD Preferred cable TV, phone, and net for $143/month (after taxes & fees) which is less than what we used to pay in Washington. If I have one complaint about Comcast it's their pricing structures don't make much sense. You can get a fancy deal but over the years, they like to increase the price on ya...and some customers seem to know how to stay on the good pricing plans better than others. I think they need to get rid of the promo stuff and make the pricing more transparent and standardized, less confusing.

But I also hear that when you go with Dish, they like to get you into a contract and they can give you a real bad time when trying to cancel it. The folks moving out of our house had outlived their contract as customers, yet they were given a real hassle when they tried to cancel, and wound up threatening the Dish people with legal action if they didn't just close the darn account!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM

193 posts, read 356,160 times
Yes, haha! In germany my husband cried about lag always. With comcast he does not have to, thank God!!
My issues were in the past 6 months with them, and involved both face to face, and telephone interaction....so they're not off the hook yet with me.

We pay $39.99 for fastest internet available & HD on demand cable. (introductory price). This will increase to 79.99 in the next couple of months. We will not be paying that. (it's amazing the deals you can get when you want to cancel services).

We are in an apartment community right now, which may contribute to the internet cut off. When we get our house, we will look into checking our connection!

From what I have heard, if you don't care about speed, you're better off with century link.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM

20,360 posts, read 14,632,606 times
I should also mention, though some may have figured as much, that my price includes some extra equipment, too. I've got a whole bunch of cable boxes for our various TV's and they do tack on a small monthly fee for each one above some basic number of them that you start with. I want to say it's maybe $8/month for each additional HD box or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs