U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM

9,817 posts, read 6,291,602 times

Advertisements

Hey, we need to get our tree soon...I haven't really picked a place and the one I've seen (a spot on 85/87 in Security) didn't look like it had very big or appealing trees...

I don't want to cut my own, but I want a nice tree. Cost isn't an issue. Anyone have any recommendations, that are not way up north or west? Anyone got a favorite place they always go get a tree? Anyone got any tree stories they just feel like sharing?

Happiest of holidays to all of you, however you celebrate I hope it is super-merry!!

And I wish you all the willpower to avoid going totally postal in Walmart! I've been fighting that lately, myself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 01:12 PM

842 posts, read 1,250,396 times
One that seems to be okay is on Fillmore + Nevada.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM

69 posts, read 106,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Happiest of holidays to all of you, however you celebrate I hope it is super-merry!!

And I wish you all the willpower to avoid going totally postal in Walmart! I've been fighting that lately, myself...
Thanks for that laugh and happy holidays to you too!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 PM

727 posts, read 1,135,855 times
We just got ours at a lot on Nevada near Garden of the Gods Road. They advertise the trees are from South Carolina. Talking to the folks, its a family run tree farm, and yes, it's in South Carolina and they trucked the trees in to COS to test the market. Very nice trees; prices may be a bit higher than other lots, but not that much more. Nice folks; give 'em a try.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,708,667 times
Anyone else decide to just decorate the tree in the front yard? We can reuse it each year

Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM

9,817 posts, read 6,291,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
We just got ours at a lot on Nevada near Garden of the Gods Road. They advertise the trees are from South Carolina. Talking to the folks, its a family run tree farm, and yes, it's in South Carolina and they trucked the trees in to COS to test the market. Very nice trees; prices may be a bit higher than other lots, but not that much more. Nice folks; give 'em a try.
Thanks! Might just check that out!

I also noticed a place near Gunther Toody's over on Powers/Palmer Park Rd as I drove by this morning. I haven't got a real close look, but from where I was at the stoplight, it looked promising...

Oh, and we do also decorate our tree out front, and our house, and our fences, and our bushes...but all white lights, none of that wacky inflatable stuff. I so want to be done with it all...the decorating, shopping, wrapping...so I can just put on my mellow Christmas piano music and sit in my comfy chair and enjoy the ambiance.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 AM

20,315 posts, read 37,820,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Anyone else decide to just decorate the tree in the front yard? We can reuse it each year
I put a hundred lights on a pine tree out front....can't reach the top of it these days, so I just throw the last six feet up and over the top. Tacky looking thing, I call it the Charley Brown Christmas Tree.

Wife does a plastic tree indoors.

In 2006 when the tree was much smaller and I could reach the top,

it looked like this
on the 12/20/06 blizzard that shut DIA for 3 days.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs