U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 PM

8 posts, read 20,852 times
Default Russian Community in Colorado Springs

I am considering moving to the Colorado Springs area in the next few years. I have spend over a decade on the east coast and enjoyed great ethinc diversity in the area. However, I am ready to move on and away from the DC area's congestion and high cost of living. I am of Russian descent and would like to preserve the Russian language and culture in my family. Here in DC there is a large Russian community including Russian churches, schools, language classes etc. Is there a Russian community in Colorado Springs area? Thanks to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 7,374 times
I am from NY, considering the same thing. Also interested to find out if there is a Russian Community in Colorado Springs. Thanks!

Last edited by JaneDoe17; 12-17-2008 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 AM

1,931 posts, read 4,342,671 times
One of our teachers is Russian, I will ask her. I won't see her until January so pls be patient. Unless someone else answers before that.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:40 PM

565 posts, read 1,193,550 times
I'm not sure what there is for Russian community here but I've run into three people in restaurants who were from Russia in the two and a half years I've been here. There is a Russian day spa here.

There are supposed to be almost 50,000 Russian families in Denver: Colorado Springs, Колорадо (Денвер): RussianTimes.Com & Baraban.Com Russian-speaking Community Information Resource.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,605 times
Default Russian community in Colorado Springs

There is a Russian community in Colorado Springs area, not that big as in DC or NY City, but there is a number of Russians in Colorado Springs.

Russian ballet school: www.zamuelballet.com
Russian community: www.russiancolosprings.com
Russian business club: www.rbcolorado.com

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-28-2010 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Advertising / self promotion are not allowed.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 PM

2,241 posts, read 2,876,256 times
About half of the building technicians that work at my high school are Russian, but I don't know enough Russian to ask them - sorry!

Old 05-01-2011, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,797 times
I live in Colorado Springs and I go to Ukrainian church which has about 100 members. But here is about 6000 Russian speaking people in Colorado springs.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 PM

9 posts, read 19,350 times
Default would love to meet some Russians/ Ukrainians/other russian speaking people

Hello all!
My name is Anna and I've just moved to Colorado Springs less than a month ago. I am originally from Ukraine and have been in the US for a bit over a year now. I would love to meet some Russians/Ukrainians or other Russian speaking people. sunny_mood1@yahoo.com

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: TOS specify English only.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,102 times
Default Colo Spgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemaleLogic View Post
Hello all!
My name is Anna and I've just moved to Colorado Springs less than a month ago. I am originally from Ukraine and have been in the US for a bit over a year now. I would love to meet some Russians/Ukrainians or other Russian speaking people. [email]sunny_mood1@yahoo.com[/email]
My wife and I just moved here a few months ago. I took Russian in college, but I don't remember a whole lot. I'd love to meet up with some folks where I could practice the language and learn more.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,311 times
My wife, 3y.o. son and myself are planing to move to CS in about a month. We also want him to have some Russian speaking friends so that he does not lose the language. Any suggestions as far as what area of the city has more Russian speaking people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs